Summer Nights

MarkC

Thorpe Park have just posted on their facebook page:

Picture this…the gates close for the day, but we’re not done yet! If THORPE PARK reopened exclusively for late night summer riding on our top six coasters for a strictly limited number of guests at a bargain price…would you come?

Could this suggest that they are planning this in the future?

Discuss my unicorns!

I believe the park has planning permission for rides to be open till 11pm Monday to Saturday and 10pm on Sundays so theres no reason why they couldnt do late nights.

I'd love to see them go back to longer open hours like we used to see back in 2006!

I doubt it would be that expensive for 6 attractions, I'd be somewhat shocked if I was asked to pay £30 for 6 rides! Id expect MoS type tickets, where it's £15 for entry. Which usually only covers 4/5 rides, but then they make their money on the alcohol after wards!

Top 6 coasters? Looks like X is included there then, though I can't imagine that being immensely popular. Still good to see mind!

Would happily do this for a small charge - I'd expect costs in the region of £15-£20, and 1000-2000 as a limit to people. For, say, evening openings of 8pm-11pm, that would be more than reasonable and something I'd quite happily take advantage of!

I'm not so sure, the park should just be open longer as standard not as a paid extra. Sell an after 17.00hrs ticket or something for those who want it, but kicking everyone out then opening again at a price doesn't sit well with me.

I'm so certain that if they could persuade many people to stay for dinner as well as lunch, and take in a few more drinks too, it'd be worth their while anyway with the money spent. Even if they have a staggered close for the less popular rides to manage costs. I wish they'd try that first.

After the post on FB Thorpe have announce Summer Nights.

http://www.thorpepark.com/summer-nights/

For four nights (more may be announced) a limited number of guests will be allowed into the park between 7:30 and 10:30 to experience all of the coasters, even Flying Fish.

Tickets are £18 earlybird, £20 standard, and £16 for annual pass holders (if you are staying at the CrashPad it is included).

The first four dates our; Friday 26th July, Saturday 27th July, Friday 2nd August, and Saturday 3rd August.

Looks quite good but I won't be able to make those dates.

Although on the other hand, some parks (such as Oakwood) keep their rides open until 10pm in the summer for no extra charge!

If what they are saying on the booking page is true though then it would be very good! (Says that there will be no queues - hence that they are not selling many tickets, but do we believe them? :lol:).

It is quite expensive though, especially for MAP/Annual pass holders (which I am one of).

If it could be guaranteed that they would only let in a tiny amount of people then I would think that £16 was acceptable, but after the 2011 annual pass day and how much they oversell Fastrack this is very unlikely!