Logger's Leap

Garyy

10 hours ago, imindetonator said:

Well..

There goes Thorpe's best Water Ride.

Maybe they can just slap some VR on it next season to hide the ugly state the ride is in..:lol:

Lol maybe we should reserve the VR jokes for coasters and not water rides. After all, electronic VR + Water probably = Death.

I really hope Loggers reopens, even just once lol, its the only Merlin flume Ive never been on.

It's sad it has even got to this state, I mean surely the throughput was one of the highest of all of the rides in the park? It's not as if it was never busy and no one ever went on it. I can still remember some days thinking there was no queue for Loggers walking over that little bridge and realising you'll probably be queuing for an hour now, lol.
I agree with others - Depth Charge, Wet Wet Wet and Storm Surge would all be at the top of list to get rid of for me, Loggers isn't even in their league and would be bottom of the list, personally anyway.
What about Slammer? It's too unreliable and would mean more space, with the demolition of the toilet block and chocolate fountain stall etc, for a flat ride of some sort which would be much more reliable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm just awaiting the day the Merlin effect happens, Loggers is abruptly announced as permantly closed through a dribblly FAQ post followed by outrage from most.

I really want to see Loggers return, but am doubtful seeing how Merlin work. The  only thing that would make this closure acceptable would be if a woodie and/or a modern flume like Chiapas were the replacement

16 hours ago, Marc said:

Whilst I agree it don't look like any works been done to the ride, its probably not quite as bad as it looks, all it would need is a sweep of the trough and the wood fixing around the bottom of the drop and it would look just as it did at the end of last season!

Pump plants have to be regularly run to prevent them ceasing up and becoming useless. Water systems on the whole are very complicated and much more than I know. It would need a whole lot more work than sweeping the trough, it would need many essential repairs from what I gather, plus the repairs that forced it to close anyway.

Also, what the social media teams say is the line they've been given (or in many cases, half assumed from word of mouth around the offices) and unfortunately from experience communication between tech services teams and social media / PR teams is often very fragmented. I wouldn't really take much notice of what they say. All Merlin parks are packed full of uncertain decisions being reported as finalised, or managers viewing the reopening of things like Loggers as "nice to haves" and it gets reported as confirmed, but then when it comes to it, nothing happens.

It may still happen, and it seems Thorpe would love it to reopen, but track record and company attitudes would indicate not.

On 9/22/2016 at 1:45 PM, Archive said:

Pump plants have to be regularly run to prevent them ceasing up and becoming useless. Water systems on the whole are very complicated and much more than I know. It would need a whole lot more work than sweeping the trough, it would need many essential repairs from what I gather, plus the repairs that forced it to close anyway.

True - that said Loggers did often suffer issues with pumps, even last year it had temporary pumps in to keep it open over some periods.

4 hours ago, Ian-S said:

Considering Alton's social media team didn't evern know the new name of one of their rides earlier this year I put about as much faith in what they say as I do a chocolate fireguard.

Alton Towers' social media don't even have the slightest clue though, Thorpes are much more competent.

5 hours ago, Marc said:

True - that said Loggers did often suffer issues with pumps, even last year it had temporary pumps in to keep it open over some periods.

That's a shame, but at least if they weren't willing to resolve the problems altogether, they managed to extend its lifetime by another year or so. :)

7 hours ago, Jack0102 said:

Just asked Thorpe park if loggers will be reopening and got this response, doesn't look too good now!

image.png

So its gone from "Loggers Leap will be closed for refurbishment for 2017!" To "We hope Loggers Leap will make a splash back in 2017" to "This hasn't been confirmed yet"

R.I.P Loggers Leap. 

1 hour ago, imindetonator said:

Usually you get a vague copy and pasted response..

Though Loggers Leap does seem unlikely to re-open next year sadly.

I could see it being SBNO for a while TBH..

Yup I've given up hope of it returning.  Bloody love that ride - it was perfect for the whole family and got you just the right amount of moist(!).  Rumba you come off dry, and Tidal Wave you may as well take bloomin' shower gel with you.  Not even going to mention Storm Turd.

Loggers was a Thorpe Park classic and I think a lot of people will miss it - lets face it - it's not like it was unpopular (though saying that Storm Turd gets a ridiculous queue).  I hate seeing rides SBNO - like when Rodeo at CWOA was SBNO for a year it just looked awful and I don't think it's great from the GPs perspective.  Well I guess at least they have hidden Loggers pretty well - until you get on Samurai!

2 hours ago, jessica2 said:

ive seen their social media teams give two completely opposite answers to the same question before. I hope it reopens, although I didn't often go on it when it was colder, its a great ride for the summer for sure would be a shame for it to sit there unused!

I went on it in the snow.....twice while sat at the front - that was beyond painful

• 2 weeks later...

I agree about loggers being completely gone. There were tree branches in the trench at many points, a few pieces were actually broken and for platform 1&, they were running it off the power supply and server room of loggers. The thing is as well, all the conveyors look to still be in place, and wouldn't those be removed for winter maintainence? So suggests that they just moved some boats and left it in the state it ended last year.

• 3 weeks later...