Edward Gardens || RCT3 PARK

pognoi

Hi everyone. I just thought I'd show you some documents from our infinitely famous 'Edward Ponds' Park!

I've loved this park, and visited it many times, and stumbled upon some old fan made media about it's development. I'll post them appropriately in months. Lets begin!

1988 - November 22nd

Hi there. 

I'm Toby. My friends call me tram though. I don't know why, but I think it's something to do with Thomas the Tank Engine..?

Anyway, I'm insane about theme parks, but living in Canterbury I'm so far away from them all..

So I was so excited to see intamin lorries drive through the area.  My friend who lives near this Tordale guy, in the town of Dunkirk said he was turning his gardens into a theme park.. I couldn't believe that, so I asked to go down to his house and check it out.

a6009ce7b2204930b2fd2e8482ddce17.png

​I'm fortunate enough to have a Dad who works with satellite technology or something? I've never paid much attention to what he does, but I could see the huge amount of space this rich guy owns. 

We decided to wonder down to the plot of land, and spotted a billboard just at the lands boundary with planning permissions and stuff. I didn't have my camera with me as my mum thought I'd brake it, so I looked in the council archives and libraries and found a man who had also been interested in the park, highlighting satellite media with information.

9b1feca408e5b97ccd61b7c25e50ef7f.png

I had no idea where he got his information wrong, but he showed me this. Apparently the red area represents the new roads that'll be built for it, the grey area the car park, the black area is the manor house, and the green area is protected land, the yellow area is private land which may be bought. The blue area, is the area with the go ahead for development.

The man continued to talk to me, explaining how he'd been talking to some of the developers from both Tordale Manor and the ride manufacturers, and was explaining what things would be where. I was so confused as to if he was being truthful or if he was lying, but nothing pointed either way. The only evidence he had was in his hands, but at the same time it all made sense, so I got a copy of the satellite image and ran home, and highlighted it myself to the best of my memory on what the man said.

93501270a0df27a5230cc8999a7ddcc8.png

No way near as professional as his, I know, but I tried to sketch out the general areas he showed me, and fill in the blanks. 

The red area in the park area was supposed to be a morer-sunee or something? A new company which apparently does crazy rides. Either that, or left for a vineyard or zoo. The dark blue areas are currently being sunk in as ponds. In the image above you can see the land is fairly flat, but Mr. Tordale asked for the park to be landscaped well, to make the experience more sectioned, and interesting. The green area is what intamin is currently developing. I'm looking forward to that! The brown area is a dutch company called vek-ohma or something. Apparently they will be placing a clone there due to short funding. Surprised Mr. Manor man has ran out of money already.. The area south of the red dot will be hotels if all goes well, and the yellow area with yellow dashes will be a man made wood. For now, it's very bare. The yellow areas with black dashes are areas owned by others? I dunno, and finally the yellow area on it's own is protected land.  It's so inconsistent. 

Oh, I forgot to post a picture of the manor!

It's very big..

4c7bf4785c950652ef4e819f469b9d5a.png

1989 - March 16th.

It was my birthday today. I know I haven't updated this in ages, but I felt like I needed to again. I went to my friends house again today. He gave me a present, I gave him hugs, we both walked down to the manor together. It was freezing! Literally, the temperature was sub zero.. My camera being not a great one doesn't work efficiently in the cold, so the pictures come out all grey and bluey. 

Surprisingly, (we're guessing because of the long busy road up; ) there was very little to stop us from entering the park. We suspect it's probably very busy most days so you'd be easily spotted, but work must've mostly been called off because of the harsh weather. 

8be22dde446b6735f0dd83af66420a89.png

The manor is very intimidating when up close!  The ticket booths we think, the roof bits near wear I took this, will probably be entrance booths?

03270c9ee446c1c1d1804afd8ececff3.png

We walked right up to the mansion, and peeped round the corner.. It seems one of the old summer houses is being renovated. I wonder what it's gonna be?

40728af1ab150ac53bef3dceea712556.png

This picture pleased me a lot. The thick foliage coming up the drive didn't reveal anything, so we only saw stuff as we got onto the literally brown site. The intamin structure is complete, and my source from the library said the cars would be arriving at any time!

3ad7bad6e4c4b9c96158390b05a804a5.png

Me and my friend sat down to have lunch in front of the manor, in it's shadow. The park already looked great considering it was supposed to be a 2 year long project and it was barely 5 months in. But when we got out our sandwiches an young man with a pipe came marching out of the manor and started yelling at us. We got up, and ran.

PT2 Sometime soon probably. 

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies for a lack of updates. PT2 isn't happening for now.

Instead, this update is some update pictures of the park. Please bare in mind it is still majorly WIP:

1c07d69c83ca2cffe0ebcf71e06a4e4f.png

Here is a facade of a restuarant I was working on whilst in a call with cornflakes ^_^

99a8b8d09a8ae9c6d6938c80418f17c1.png

In the large scale of things in the western area it is the second biggest building, and is actually the 3rd tallest overall in the park besides the manor.

076fe5f1197bda403341ed662ab04cd5.png

The top spin finally has a name... A bit of a tongue twister.

e83f47a33a8deb2352cd97ce764e697e.png

The converted summer house and garden 'shed', now a small snack house and a midway building.

09001822a7b062eee085ad9f1a8c6c71.png

The entrance. 10 metres walk from the disabled parking just out of the picture. Very heavily inspired by Drayton Manor & Thorpes. Tried to mix the Edwardian style with the joining roof tops, making it repetitive but not to the point it's just dull red wooden boxes.

22e1fb7f5ffffc1e277211e93ea3b143.png

Guest services sits opposite the Western area. First bit of foliage done on the West side of the park.

3c1ad1ce5825df4d4f72aefbbcec998b.png

It started raining again. Typical british weather haha.. Here you can see the AP & ticket building and a view of Itzquemitl, the intamin standup, facing in the direct opposite direction from the one above.

b9f9774871ab595c1cd1c2b43184278c.png

And finally an overview of the 75% complete phase 1 of the park. Car park in place, trees & foliage on the east in place, all the rides in place and just a bit of theming in the western area to do. I say a bit, but it's just finish off the restuarant and the colossal mountain to be put in.. And terrapainting and foliage. With any luck it'll be done by christmas.

I've had no comments yet, and I could really use some to help me see the community backing behind this little project.

COMMENTS THEREFORE ARE VERY VERY WELCOME.

• 1 month later...
This is the second last heavy update before we progress onto season 1! Problems with the park means I can only open it without any rides in it, add the rides, and only get in 3 of them at a time. It'll have to make do but I'm sure it'll work out fine!

Ok, I really messed up with the dates for the last couple updates, so imagine this is 1989.

We threw the sandwiches and sprinted down the lane... Only to be stopped by a land drover cruising infront of us and blocking the path. There was no point in running, so we gave up.

54RVL64.png

'This is private property, you know?! Trespassing is a criminal offence, and is punishable with being shot here!' Said the middle aged, harsh looking man.

'We're sorry sir' Replied my friend, 'We shan't do it again.' 

'No you shouldn't, now get lost before I give you a real piece of my mind!' He spat in our faces.

'now now Harold, you shouldn't be too rude to any of our guests.' An old man was slowly making his way down the path with a walking stick as an aid. 'Was it not my own curiosity that inspired the park?'

'Well, yes Daddy, but these young boys have little reason to be here!' Replied Harold. 

I had to say something.

'Actually, we were both just really interested in this development.' Harold went red and I started shaking.

'Calm, Harold. The boys have said their reasoning, and it's easily forgiveable. Now boys, if you don't mind picking up your sandwiches from my grounds, I'll go and get you some warm drinks.' Edward said, winking.

f0f436654ae6c1d56b8c4a9f8fb5ff34.png

It started raining by the time we were joined in the dining room, sitting uncomfortably in the surprisingly small timber room. At least we had hot chocolate, and I couldn't help but take some pictures of the view from the patio.

'Now boys, I must call your parents at once. Do they have telephones?'

'Yeah sure, you can call my mum,' replied my pal.

Mr. Tordale looked at me, waiting for a response.

'Well, we don't have a phone, and my Dad's at work.'

'What of your mother?'

'I don't have one.'

'Ah...' replied Mr. Tordale. He reached for the phone, and called my friends parents. 

Before we left, Mr. Tordale guided us to the door, and went down on one knee. 'Hey son, I never caught your name.'

'I'm Toby.'

'Well, Toby, feel free to visit any time. tell you what, get yourself a telephone, and a phone book, and maybe I'll get in contact!'

I beamed with joy, and skipped lightly out of the door. On my way out, I saw a picture that looked like a birds eye view of the mansion and something else? Anywaysure as hell, I can't wait to see some of this finished.

Iz1KGeK.png

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the comments guys!

1989 - May 4th

*ring ring* *ring ring*
'Hello, Tordales estate?'
'Oh hello Harold.. It's Toby.'
'Toby...? Ah the scalawag who trespassed?'
*muffled noises*
'Give me the bloody phone Harold.'
'Hello Edward! It's Toby!'
'Aah hello Toby! You got a phone I hear?'
'Yes, yes I did. We were just celebrating today for Thatchers 10 years!'
'Ah yes, us too! Do you want to come round for some cake and tea?'
'I would love to!'

AdAslMg.jpg
The entrance is complete. Finally I can see some security in the place... Although I had to put up a fight to get into the park.

'Ah Toby!' Mr. Tordale said as he opened the manor door. 
'I decided to eat all the cake and drink all the tea. Sorry. So instead let me take you round the park.'
'Awesome!'

'This will be Azteca. The land will have 3 rides and will be themed around a mexican travel I once went on to a mayan tribe. 
ktYsh2N.jpg

And this is London midway. It's quite a temporary land, and will only exist until we have the funds to develop further north of the park. As you can probably tell, it's quite bare for now. That's set to change in the coming seasons, until we can remove it with a fitting replacement.
eK9l1nh.jpg

And this will be the mississippi outpost area. The mine train track is being shipped as we speak! Unfortunately because the area is still very incomplete, so this is as far as we can go into the area.'
lwkJ616.jpg

We then went back into Mr. Tordales dining room and talked through the plans a little bit. I couldn't help but notice how much more complete the park looked. The foliage was denser, there were more pieces of scenery and more buildings. I can't wait to see it completed, however bald it may be now.
HAHppU0.jpg

You've obviously put a lot of time and effort into this park and it really shows! Well done :D

...and here I am with LOADS of projects in mind for Adventure Kingdom (one of my parks), yet my PC can't seem to handle some tasks! (ie. loading ONE billboard image). No fear though. Just need a new motherboard for my PC so it can hold a better processor. :)

CoasterDude, on 28 Apr 2015 - 4:45 PM, said:

...and here I am with LOADS of projects in mind for Adventure Kingdom (one of my parks), yet my PC can't seem to handle some tasks! (ie. loading ONE billboard image). No fear though. Just need a new motherboard for my PC so it can hold a better processor. :)

Yeah RCT3 can be a bit annoying with the tasks it can/can't do.

Altitude, on 28 Apr 2015 - 4:43 PM, said:

You've obviously put a lot of time and effort into this park and it really shows! Well done :D

You've inspired me to try and get RCT3 working on my mac.

I'm glad this happened! It's great to feel inspired by something, and to be honest this park is basically a mish mash of a couple things that have seriously inspired me (surprisingly drayton manor was a big player in getting the fundementals down). Anyway it feels great to have inspired you, Happy gaming!

Alpengeist, on 27 Apr 2015 - 04:44 AM, said:

Finally new updates! It's look nice - particularly the last one

I know I had a little hiatus, my graphics card is already burnt out so the game wouldnt run with shadows and reflective water at the same time. Some cheeky photoshop skills and a simple ticking of boxes at the right times means I can still make nice pictures though, and run the game at all! 

Thank you for the lovely comments guys. If you don't mind, keep 'em coming.

1989 - July 19th

*ring ring* *ring ring*

'Hello?'

'Oh hello, is Toby there?'

'Speaking, who is it?'

'Ah yes, it's Edward Toby!'

'Oh hello Mr. Tordale. What can I do for ya?'

'I was just wondering if your package arrived?'

'No sir, haven't had post in a little while.'

'Okay! Just to let you know, please come and visit on the 2nd of October. '

'Oh any particu-'

'Just come! My dear boy. you will not be disappointed!'

A couple days later, I got a small envelope in the post. A scribbled letter that read:

Toby, 

you are a true inspiration to the passion behind my project.

You have reminded me of the freedoms of youth, and the fascination of new discoveries that you are to make.

So here, I give you this, as a small token of our somewhat broken friendship. Use it as you wish, when you wish.

I hope to see you soon!

E-T

Inside the envelope, this:

4f84dcc11724d06bc6b2ddec85758d9e.jpgI am completely freaking out right now.

In other news, annual passes for next season have started to go on sale. But I don't think I'm going to need to worry about that any time soon...

95% of my sets are available at shyguysworld's CS list or CSDepot. There are 3 groups of paths I've used in this, shiggs paths, dutchers floors and mobys paths.

as for them being functional, some of them are. The thinner curved ones aren't and not all the half tile ones either but other then that yes, they are functional.

• 2 weeks later...
1990 - March 16th

Opening day!!

I finally got my Dad to buy a ticket last night, they were only £7 for the whole day which is a great deal. I woke up really early this morning and we walked down to the park, and were greeted by a parade of cars, all parking in the car park. It looked busy. I also noticed the sky.. Red sky at morning, Shepard's warning, right?

iPlwQVI.jpg

We were greeted by the stand up rollercoaster testing. I wasn't the only one taking pictures, lots of nerdy people like me were taking lots of pictures too.

We walked up to the gate and my dad told the lady in the box his ticket code, and I showed my pass. She looked at me confused, then asked me where I got it from. I told her Mr. Tordale gave it to me, and she laughed and told me that I'd need to prove it, so I asked her to call him through the radio. She shook her head and said she'd called her manager because I was holding up the line.

8RiCeGM.png

She actually called security. Luckily it was one of the security guards who I saw last year, and he recognized me and kindly took me to the mansion.

QxbUOfI.png

My dad was stunned about it all and didn't say a word as we approached the huge building. It definitely felt like it was looking down on you. 

wLvW3hS.jpg

As we got to the gate, Mr. Tordale opened the door and saw me, and grinned.

'My boy Toby!' He yelped. 'What a pleasure it is to see you here. Isn't it great to see life in this place now, hmm? Yes, I thought you'd say yes. Now what is it I can do for you?'

'My ticket doesn't work' I replied, holding the life card infront of him. 

'How bizarre. I specifically told my manager upon training that ticket vendors recognize annual passes... Maybe I didn't say yours. Ah well. For the future though, just go up to the turnstyles and put it in the slot, it scans it like a rail card and you should be in!'

'Oh ok' I replied happily.

'Now, off you go, enjoy the park! Come back to me this evening and tell me what you think.'

Me and my Dad turned away, and walked straight to the map to decide where to go. My dad still looked surprised at it all..

p23Li7Y.jpg

part 2 very soon

• 3 months later...
 Apologies for the delay between updates, theres been... things going on..? Eh...

Dad and I headed over to the mine train, however when we got there we saw it was still testing and the entrance was closed.
xYi8YI7.jpg

So we decided to go to the little drop tower near by. 'little..?' My dad said and then chuckled to himself. He's not very good with heights to be honest.
MWRichi.jpg

We came off, after getting a nice little view of the park and... It started raining. So we decided to head away from the mine train which was still testing, and go and try some of the more extreme rides in Azteca.
y7Ir8tB.jpg

We heard announcements back at the mine train telling attendents to go to the main gate and announcing publicly that the ride was running for test purposes only. I didn't want to shock my dad with something very tall again so we went and did Totoquilhautzli (toe-toe-kill-ho-slee), or as it seemed alot of guests were already calling it; Toto. The ride was so much fun and you get completely soaked by the fountains.
aVFIVEo.jpg
Now with our adrenaline running, we decided to go ahead and brave the queue for Itzquemitl. But then, it started hailing.

5zCNQJz.jpg
'Adventurers in the Itzquemitl queueline, the ride operation will cease due to bad weather conditions. We apologize for any inconveniences caused.'

A little saddened, we decided that we'd grab a bite to eat in the Famsi mexican diner. It was packed, so we got some burritos and walked down to the entrance where we saw Mr. Tordale handing out free return tickets. 
54SHyN1.jpg

'Ah, Toby my boy, hold on there for me.' he said as he walked up to us, hands full with a couple stacks of tickets for the park. 'You just pop inside the mansion. I want to hear what you think of the park.' 
I looked down at my feet, nodded, and then walked up to the mansion.

'So what did you think?'
'Well that park seems quite green which is good.. But.. There were no bins?
'... Oh my, I completely forgot to invest in bins besides the ones in queuelines. Thank you!'
'Also, the park lacks much character. I mean drayton manor is the same sort teconcept and whilst you have a killer rollercoaster it would be nice to have a real identity in buildings and themes.'
Then, my dad chipped in ' Also, you've called the park gardens... Theres not much gardens here really is there?'
Mr. Tordale thought deeply for a second and processed what we had just said in his head. 
'Thank you for your insight, you two. I really appreciate it. I suggest you leave soon though, whilst there is a short break in the weather.'