Chest Restrictions

bobba18

Hi All,I am going to Thorpe Park tomorrow for the very first time and cannot wait.I am however slightly concerned at the chest restrictions on some of the rides. Does anybody know what size the restraints are on the bigger rides? SAW, Nemesis etcI am large lad, have a 52" chest, large legs and also a bit of a belly on me lol, I am just wanting to know if I'm gonna struggle getting on some of the rides.Your comments would be most appreciate.Thanks everyone

Hey, let me say first off, that I am no anorexic myself, and I am speaking from personal experience...Nemesis inferno has seats specialy designed for larger people like us, so that won't be an issue, I think they're in row 5, in the center of the set.Colossus is where you may have an issue, the restraints are very tight, and although I got into it (with the help of 2 people - years ago, a bit lighter now), it was very uncomfortable.Stealth is not bad at all, it may press down, but it isn't painfull so you'll probably not have any issues with that. vortex is uncomfortable, mostly due to my legs, but you may be slightly different.Detonator is also very good, because it uses ratcheted locking systems, you can lower it to your needs, as long as it it more than three clicks, you're good to go.I'm not sure about SAW, I haven't been on it yet, maybe someone else can shed some light on that one because I have also been thinking about it too.Loggers leap has no restraints, as is the case with Zodiac, so you will be able to ride those two with no issues.The restraints on tidal wave are set to a default level, they are ok on me, again, I have never seen you so I don't know, I would think it would not be an issue.Samurai's restraints are also set down mechanically, I didn't have an issue with it, but if it hurts, tell the person lowering them so.Slammer is just painful for everyone.Rush has nice deep seats and a ratcheted locking system, again, you can set it to your comfort levels, a member of the crew will let you know if theres an issue.Have a great day, and don't panic!

Thank you so much for the very kind and detailed post. I really appreciate that and it has eased my mind a little.I went to Alton Towers last summer and only had a problem with getting on Air, which I believe is a 48" chest MAX, which I thought was crazy.I have always wanted to visit Thorpe Park and when I heard they were building a SAW themed ride I booked tickets ASAP. I am also hoping Stealth is up and running tomorrow along with loggers leap, it's gonna be a sunny day

I am large lad, have a 52" chest, large legs and also a bit of a belly on me lol, I am just wanting to know if I'm gonna struggle getting on some of the rides.

The ride restrictions on the website state that "For safety reasons guests must be properly secured in the seat, which may not be possible for some guests with larger torso or thigh measurements." A selection of the biggest rides have a test seat outside them, and if you're above 1.95m and have a 51" chest, it is recommended you use the test seat provided at the entrance of these rides, as to avoid potential dissappointment prior to boarding. As far as I'm aware (do not quote me on this), the belt buckle on any of the restraints must be secured properly. However, there are some rides, such as Vortex, Samurai and SAW: The Ride that do not have seat belts, so there is a light provided which signifies whether or not the seat is able to accomodate a person of your said size (The SAW one beeps as well! ;))Hopefully you'll have a great day, my friend has very large legs, and an extra push on the Vortex restraints usually does the trick!I hope I've helped! ;)EDIT: Josh R beat me to post :P , but adding onto his point about Nemesis Inferno, the test seat outside is that of the larger modified seats, so if you fit into that, you should be fine!

Do the test seats work exactly like the would on the ride itself?I mean, does it click into position etc?I tested the seat on AIR at Alton Towers and thought I was fine but only to be disappointed when I tried to get on.I shall just have to breath in and pray lol

The ride restrictions on the website state that "For safety reasons guests must be properly secured in the seat, which may not be possible for some guests with larger torso or thigh measurements." A selection of the biggest rides have a test seat outside them, and if you're above 1.95m and have a 51" chest you should use the test seat provided at the entrance of these rides, as to avoid potential dissappointment prior to boarding. As far as I'm aware (do not quote me on this), the belt buckle on any of the restraints must be secured properly. However, there are some rides, such as Vortex, Samurai and SAW: The Ride that do not have seat belts, so there is a light provided which signifies whether or not the seat is able to accomodate a person of your said size (The SAW one beeps as well! ;))Hopefully you'll have a great day, my friend has very large legs, and an extra push on the Vortex restraints usually does the trick!I hope I've helped! ;)EDIT: Josh R beat me to post :P , but adding onto his point about Nemesis Inferno, the test seat outside is that of the larger modified seats, so if you fit into that, you should be fine!

HA! I thought I recognised you from somewhere! I was on a ride you were operating on the first night of fright nights last year, I still can't believe how empty it was that day :P

Do the test seats work exactly like the would on the ride itself?I mean, does it click into position etc?I tested the seat on AIR at Alton Towers and thought I was fine but only to be disappointed when I tried to get on.I shall just have to breath in and pray lol

No, but they go down as far as they normally do, again, don't panic - no point working yourself up over it ;), whatever happens you'll have a great day, and make sure you let me know how it went!

I am quite large myself... (having large breasts does not help in the slightest!) and the only problems I have had is with vortex and Colossus.Vortex was solved with a good push from the Staff member ;) Embarrassing (and a bit painful too!) as everyone was watching lol!Colossus.. sit in the front seat of the car. There is a bit more space... Again a little push managed to get it down sufficiently..Hope you have a great day!x

• 1 month later...

Hi there,Thought I'd bring this topic back up to ask basically the same thing as the original poster.I'm going on Sunday and am a little nervous about the restraints. I think my case is a somewhat strange as I have a 45" waist (not really a problem with the rides), but a 51"/52" chest (a potential problem!).Any personal experience feedback would be much appreciated. One thing I can say is that a was at PortAventura last month and (with a slightly tight fit) went on all the big rides there such as Furious Baco and Dragon Khan. Would these rides have the same sort of chest restrictions?Thanks in advance!

Hi there,Thought I'd bring this topic back up to ask basically the same thing as the original poster.I'm going on Sunday and am a little nervous about the restraints. I think my case is a somewhat strange as I have a 45" waist (not really a problem with the rides), but a 51"/52" chest (a potential problem!).Any personal experience feedback would be much appreciated. One thing I can say is that a was at PortAventura last month and (with a slightly tight fit) went on all the big rides there such as Furious Baco and Dragon Khan. Would these rides have the same sort of chest restrictions?Thanks in advance!

The TP website suggests that riders with a chest size of 52" or larger should try the test seat before boarding. Saying this, my friend has a 52" chest, and he has absolutely no problems with getting on any of the rides. And Stealth has very similar restraints as Furious Baco, so you will definitely be fine on that one if it was no problem as Port Aventura.

• 5 months later...

Hi there, posted in this topic a while ago and when I went to Thorpe Park I only went on Saw the whole day (combination of feeling ill and queueing times!).I'm going again tomorrow and my question is, seeing as I got on Saw, should I be okay for all the other rides chest restrictions?Thanks in advance. :)

Saw is pretty state of the art and so should be designed for all but I would guess that some of th older rides are not designed so well to cater for all, just be aware that not all rides are the same

Thanks for your reply. :)I figured I might be okay for the other rides because on the ride profiles on this site Saw is stated as having a 51" chest restriction, but all the others have a 52" restriction.

As long as you are under 51", I would say you are fine for all Rides and Attractions.If you are approaching 51" and you wish to ride Nemesis Inferno, modified seating is available for anyone who are a larger build. (Rows 4 and 5). :)

Thanks, I'm around 51"/52" but it's not my waist, just my boobs! That means I can "squash myself into the seats!", just gets a little uncomfortable sometimes!

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hiya, I've decided to take my nana to Thorpe Park this year, and I've just got one problem, she has a chest size of 50" - 51". So her chest size is okay, but I'm not to sure about the thigh measurements. Shes been measured and she is 53"-54", is this too big, or is she aright, thanks :blink:

Have you taken her yet? I'm a pretty big girl and get on all of the rides at Thorpe Park okYou may need an extra shove on the harness to click it but they are all pretty accomodating...My boobs are the worst to fit in...but a little shuffle and shake usually gets them in ok lolThe only problem Ive found with other people is if they are quite tall and large! (like some of my friends)or if you have a rather ample bottom and thighs sometimes you sit higher on the seats and the harness is slightly further away...Usually the ride ops will point out of you need a different seat or are likely to have probs...they are very polite about it!or if you find youve got a problem try shifting yourself in the seat as sometimes just sitting slightly different can give you the extra space you need to get on the ride.Hope she has a good time and gets on the rides she wants to...:huh:

Have you taken her yet? I'm a pretty big girl and get on all of the rides at Thorpe Park okYou may need an extra shove on the harness to click it but they are all pretty accomodating...My boobs are the worst to fit in...but a little shuffle and shake usually gets them in ok lolThe only problem Ive found with other people is if they are quite tall and large! (like some of my friends)or if you have a rather ample bottom and thighs sometimes you sit higher on the seats and the harness is slightly further away...Usually the ride ops will point out of you need a different seat or are likely to have probs...they are very polite about it!or if you find youve got a problem try shifting yourself in the seat as sometimes just sitting slightly different can give you the extra space you need to get on the ride.Hope she has a good time and gets on the rides she wants to...:huh:

No I havent, but I want to go pretty soon, just a case of gettin money to get there :blink: she should like it, I hope she does, coz it would be fun(ny) just to have her on the rides screaming nxt to me :)