The Smiler

th13teen

... and closed again

I think people are assuming it is closed more than other previous "new" rides as we can always find out now through ride times. Before if a ride went down you would only really know if you was on park. Today was planned maintenance as the twitter page showed yesterday. The park have confirmed through comments on that tweet that it will be opening again tomorrow.

I was on park yesterday and Smiler closed around 1 instead of 12 probably due to the breakdown it had just before 10.

Air was on 2 trains 1 station in the morning and went to 3 trains and 2 stations in the afternoon.

Nemesis was on 2 trains all day.

Rita opened on time and was on 2 trains all day.

Oblivion opened with 2 stations and 5 shuttles and went down to 4 shuttles and 1 station later on in the afternoon.

Sonic was having usual issues all day yesterday, unsure about Thirteen but it was open!

So Gerstlauer have this to say about the 'Infinity Coaster' (or Smiler/Karacho)...

With all the excitement we still keep in mind rider’s safety. Our newly designed T-lap bars lock hydraulically and can be adjusted infinitely. This enables even children with a body height of only 1.25m to experience the Infinity Coaster. Besides an automatic opening of the T-lap bars the Infinity Coaster features automatic closing of the lap bars, too. The automatic closing provides time saving during the process of dispatch.

By request the coaster cars are available with over the shoulder restraints.

Sigh... Stupid Merlin...

Rode it twice more today. Row 1 and Row 4 (I forgot to look at the train numbers). Row 4 is definitely more rattly however I was surprised at how smooth it was compared to some reviews. The jolts are still quite painful on the shoulders but I was happy to see The Giggler working again. I also observed the support on the exit of the cobra roll and boy does it move. More so than it should be I believe. All other track movements though seemed normal today. In regards to the inside section and what has been done, firstly the strobe is now working again (or switched on) but no mist, and there are still and awful lot of sandbags in there and what looked like bricks.

went on 3 times today... notable jolts, regardless of which row you're in are on the first inverted drop, and the last inversion in the staffordshire knot - although I personally didn't find it too bad, you could hear people shouting ouch!

Had row 2 once, and row 4 twice (have been on front row in my past visit) - I didn't notice it on the front row or second, but on the back row the last bit of the first indoor inversion is a complete mind **** I genuinely thought I was upright and still had some more of the inversion to go, really added to the ride - shame there was no mist or smoke at all!

with the aid of the smiler, brought my going upside down count up to 66 for the day haha!