Fright Nights 2012

JackR

Saw Alive is advertising as returning (or reopening?) for Fright Nights; so that surely can't be the new attraction.

I'd guess that with the tents becoming less popular in the eyes of guests, they won't replace Se7en with a maze in a new tent, so will likely use the old Hellgate area. I just hope that, if that's the case, that it's not a 'Hellgate II' if you will - I found Hellgate almost as boring as Curse...

Hi guys, me again, I went to TP last week and asked about there being a Fright Night preview for AP holders... they said the decision will be made by the end of September as they were undecided as yet.

Now, I've never been to a FN at TP before, can someone give me an idea (if they don't do the AP preview) when the less busiest time is to go as I know you can't fasttrack (my fav thing to do LOL) and the thought of queuing up for 2 hours (I heard this about last year's FN) fills me with dread....

Also what time should I aim to get to the park for? Its annoying as I've checked the dates, and I can only really do 30th October - which I'm guessing will be extremely busy being so close to Halloween UNLESS they do a AP preview night - long story short, I work part time, I have a 1 year old baby, and I go to Thorpe Park whilst she is in nursery ha ha ha and book a day off work - hence I always go to Thorpe Park on Tues/Thurs when she goes nursery - I've noticed FN are Friday-Monday for the earlier dates and then Tues 30th is really the only time I can go as I'm away on 1st Nov.

It would be great if they did a FN preview for AP on the first Thursday as I would be able to go!

What are the chances.... ? TP seem to be in the "decision" making mode at the moment - I wish they could tell us earlier than end of September - surely its cutting it fine...

Should I just pre-book my tickets anyway for 30th Oct?

Comments gratefully received - and sorry for hi jacking your post x

Hey :D

I think you should DEFINATELY get your tickets for FN 2012 if you are going on either 30th, 31st or the 1st due to it being so close to halloween!

Thorpe park are not likely to have a AP preview night due to the facet that the park was so empty last year and tbh it is a bit late for them to decide on a AP Preview Night

Hope you enjoy FN2012!

-Mark

Hey :D

I think you should DEFINATELY get your tickets for FN 2012 if you are going on either 30th, 31st or the 1st due to it being so close to halloween!

Thorpe park are not likely to have a AP preview night due to the facet that the park was so empty last year and tbh it is a bit late for them to decide on a AP Preview Night

Hope you enjoy FN2012!

-Mark

What about the queuing is it really as bad as I've heard? 2 hours plus for each Maze? Is that including the rides as well or do the queues on the rides go quiet due to the mazes being an addition?

Em x

Near enough everything is 2hours +

Even the major rides.... is it really worth going?! honestly? I REALLY want to go but how can you possibly get on all the rides if you went at say 4pm and left at 9pm thats 5 hours and your telling me you'll be lucky to get on 3 rides for the whole duration... ? Whats the point of going if you can only get into 1 or 2 of the mazes lol

Confuzzled is exaggerating a bit here. It is busy during Fright Nights but not THAT busy. If it is too busy for you, you can buy fastrack. I remember last year I got a fastrack package for all of the mazes which was £15 (I think) and I got in them all within 2 hours because you had time-slots for each maze.

Once mazes open at 4 ride queues start to die down due to everyone rushing for the mazes. Another tip, the last hour on park is usually quieter and you can get on quite a bit during this time. It's definitely worth going!

Confuzzled is exaggerating a bit here. It is busy during Fright Nights but not THAT busy. If it is too busy for you, you can buy fastrack. I remember last year I got a fastrack package for all of the mazes which was £15 (I think) and I got in them all within 2 hours because you had time-slots for each maze.

Once mazes open at 4 ride queues start to die down due to everyone rushing for the mazes. Another tip, the last hour on park is usually quieter and you can get on quite a bit during this time. It's definitely worth going!

Thanks Ryan, I didn't think you could buy fast track for the rides on FN so I heard... - so do normal fast track times apply - I.e even on the busiest school holiday I've managed to get on Swarm with a fast track within 5-10 mins - are the mazes fast track that quick to? I will probably go.

Are the general tickets on release? I've seen Fright Night tickets for AP holders on the checkout page (going again next Thursday so was buying a car parking ticket).

Sorry for all the questions!

Em x

Except weren't the opening times reduced this year, so the magic last hour isn't so quiet anymore? ;)

Thanks Ryan, I didn't think you could buy fast track for the rides on FN so I heard... - so do normal fast track times apply - I.e even on the busiest school holiday I've managed to get on Swarm with a fast track within 5-10 mins - are the mazes fast track that quick to? I will probably go.

Are the general tickets on release? I've seen Fright Night tickets for AP holders on the checkout page (going again next Thursday so was buying a car parking ticket).

Sorry for all the questions!

Em x

When I got fastrack tickets for the mazes the longest I had to queue was about 10 minutes, but to be fair that helped build up the nerves :P You can buy Fright Night tickets already, all you need to do is book normal tickets for a Fright Night day (12-14th october, 19-21st october, 26th october - 4th november). It's all here http://thorpepark.com/prices/tickets.aspx?tabnum=5 :)

Except weren't the opening times reduced this year, so the magic last hour isn't so quiet anymore? ;)

I assume that the last hour on park empties out because people want to beat the rush of everyone leaving the car park at once? People will still be on park a long time so they may leave early, meaning the last hour will be a lot quieter. Also I've noticed on FN days the first 1 or 2 hours on park are quieter because people tend to arrive later on. So if you're planning on spending the whole day at the park you will be able to get a lot of rides done before 12pm!

FN 2011 last hour = 9pm - 10pm

FN 2012 last hour = 8pm - 9pm

Oh look, there it is. Like Ryan said, even with the lost hour, the majority of guests will have clocked that there might be large queues trying to get out of the car park, so there's a chance some may leave earlier, as in last years, and the same 'quiet hour' at the end of FN days will still be there.

More people might be more likely to hang around till close (I.e. 9pm, as opposed to the old 10pm, just so people know what I mean) if they're getting a train home as well mind, as most people might well have had to leave early for a specific train (similar to people going to Towers' via public transport and having to leave at 7/8 to get home)...

So it might well not be as quiet in that last hour of operation this year... Would imagine more are willing to stay till 9 than 10, especially if they've been there since opening...

9pm closing along with FN only happening on peak days and Thorpe Blast being scrapped means that it's going to be difficult to get a day which is both reasonably quiet and has a decent amount of time in the dark. If you want to get all the mazes done and have time for night rides, I'd suggest queuing for Ayslum or Experiment 10 well before they open and then moving over the other one immediately. I really hope the mazes open earlier this year to compensate for the earlier closing.

9pm closing along with FN only happening on peak days and Thorpe Blast being scrapped means that it's going to be difficult to get a day which is both reasonably quiet and has a decent amount of time in the dark. If you want to get all the mazes done and have time for night rides, I'd suggest queuing for Ayslum or Experiment 10 well before they open and then moving over the other one immediately. I really hope the mazes open earlier this year to compensate for the earlier closing.

Yes, mazes should open at 3.

No, I just know the member in question is very resilient to deadpan humour; and it wouldn't have been patronising to younger members anyway. I've said I'm sorry for my mistake - what more do I have to do?

On topic - I'm actually really pissed that Se7en is gone (if it has). It had some rough years but I thought 2010 and 2011 were really quite good!