• Please log in to reply
601 replies to this topic

#21 JackR

JackR

JackR

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:38 PM

Do you mind me asking where you get this info from Stokesyboy? I'm quite interested about what may be going on behind the Merlin curtains here. :P
Smartie Cookies <3

#22 Stokesyboy

Stokesyboy

Stokesyboy

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:01 AM

I have a friend that works at Towers, he gets told all the info etc I'm not going to say his name or anything because I don't want to get him in any trouble :)

Chris_zps3c9c532a.png

#23 Turtle

Turtle
  • Members
  • 708 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

So either The Curse, Se7en, The Asylum or Experiment 10 are going to be shoehorned into the 2nd storey of a listed building? This is why the whole Chinese whispers of rumours and such don't work.

#24 Stokesyboy

Stokesyboy

Stokesyboy

• Members
  • 827 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

From what he has told me it is all confirmed stuff!

Chris_zps3c9c532a.png

#25 StevenVig

StevenVig

Steven Vig

• Members
  • 1486 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

If a maze moves from Thorpe to Alton then I guess it will either be se7en or curse - I would expect Curse to be in Mutiny bay.

I doubt Asylum would move because it is in a permanent building and is probably left set up all year (correct me if I am wrong.)
Chainsaws will just be used at the end of one of Alton's mazes imo.

The Asylum is permanent you're correct, and it is still standing at Thorpe as we speak. I'm sure if it were to move, it would have been ripped out by now....

And everyone, Just because a recruitment page says the word chainsaw, doesnt mean the Asylum is moving to Thorpe.

Who knows, maybe Alton might create a brand new maze, which might be based around chainsaws?

Don't overthink things

#26 Fred

Fred

DON'T touch my blaster..

• Members
  • 3063 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Towers aren't having one of thorpes mazes.

There's potential to have (and might happen) two mazes in the towers this year. Shorten TOTT, and have the other one upstairs..

God knows anything else beyond that though.

Winner of: Quality Poster 2010 - Most Inspirational Poster 2010 - The best person to talk to 2010 - Most attractive male 2010. Base. Base. Base. Base. I like the buttery biscuit base.

To join in with popular signatureness: Amount of times visited Thorpe in 2013: 0.

#27 StevenVig

StevenVig

Steven Vig

• Members
  • 1486 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

God knows anything else beyond that though.

Even he wants in on the info....

#28 pluk

pluk

...but you can call me Pete

• 2739 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:27 PM

Shorten TOTT, and have the other one upstairs..

Please no. The sheer length of it is one of the things that makes this my favourite maze in the UK, especially the never ending strobes.

pluk.png?1365169540
2013's best quality posts, ya! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty boy

#29 JoshC.

JoshC.

I am Lez Cougan

• Members
  • 3864 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

Has anyone got a place on one of the focus groups then? :P

Wish I could've made it, but unfortunately I was busy..

Voted Biggest Fanboy 2011 and 2012.

Voted joint 'Most Dedicated' member 2013.

'Why Angry Birds Land is better than Diagon Alley' - http://forum.maniahu...n-diagon-alley/

#30 JackR

JackR

JackR

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Didn't Alton say that the Hamble Twins were caught last year? Could suggest a new maze is on the way, regardless of what it is...
Smartie Cookies <3

#31 JoshC.

JoshC.

I am Lez Cougan

• Members
  • 3864 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 19 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

Yeah, was said over Facebook or something wasn't it? Certainly suggests Boiler House won't return.. Not to sure on Alton's positioning of mazes, as last season wasn't Carnival of Screams in the BH tent as well? Only time will tell I guess...

(Oh, and to make this post vaguely on topic, woo Fright Nights! :P)

Voted Biggest Fanboy 2011 and 2012.

Voted joint 'Most Dedicated' member 2013.

'Why Angry Birds Land is better than Diagon Alley' - http://forum.maniahu...n-diagon-alley/

#32 Fred

Fred

DON'T touch my blaster..

• Members
  • 3063 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 10:02 AM

Boiler House has died a death and it will not be returning, thank god.

Carnival Remains, as is TOTT, and presumably a new maze. I agree with Pluk though, I adore the length of TOTT.. it's bloody amazing.

Winner of: Quality Poster 2010 - Most Inspirational Poster 2010 - The best person to talk to 2010 - Most attractive male 2010. Base. Base. Base. Base. I like the buttery biscuit base.

To join in with popular signatureness: Amount of times visited Thorpe in 2013: 0.

#33 c1hrisin

c1hrisin

C1hrisin

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

Lol I dunno what TOTT means :D
See my youtube - www.youtube.com/C1hrisin !!!

#34 Sidders

Sidders

Hicklemore

• 1881 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:22 PM

Lol I dunno what TOTT means :D

Terror of the... err...Trowels. Yep. Definitely Trowels.

Joking - Terror of the Towers. :)
I'm on loan from Scotland Yard. Code name: The Doctor. These are my highly-trained operatives, The Legs, The Nose, and Mrs. Robinson.

#35 d.m.k

d.m.k

Dan M K

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Sourced from an individual from the organisation who installed the Saw:Alive lighting.

Thorpe are currently working on and have requested strobe lighting domes be placed around the park during Fright Nights this year. Covered with the perspex (as per the Oblivion drop lighting at Scarefest 2010) the boxes apparently will be set to flash randomly.

I was quite satisfied to hear this and really hope it does go ahead. Any sort of lighting around the park will probably be better than last year! Lets just hope they can pull it off :)

#36 Bubbles1

Bubbles1
  • Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

They'll need to basically stop photosensitive epileptics from visiting though, which I can imagine not going down well. For everyone else though, this sounds great. I look forward to te results of this

#37 c1hrisin

c1hrisin

C1hrisin

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 02:26 AM

They will probably just do this island on the swarm scare zone as they can cordsen off the area. They that can add lighting to the area and loads of emphasis the the ride. This seems to work in theorie as it could also be the scare zone with all the smoke machines, actors and stuff (strobes) to make all the theming work.

#38 scarycoasterboy

scarycoasterboy
  • Members
  • 727 posts

Awards Bar:

Users Awards

Posted 24 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

I really hope they bring back the high levels of theming that we used to see around the whole park instead of the mazes (and 2 of those were/are white tents plonked on a beach) and a bit on the rides. I remeber the days of when hell froze over on Nemesis Inferno and all the heads on the Colossus station ceiling. The music that is played has also been lacking these past few years. Before you used to get specially made tracks just for Fright Nights. If those strobe lights go ahead then it will make a nice and welcome change to the lighting we currently get. Basically, all I want is the park to send of a clear message as to what time of year it is around the whole park. It was great to see actors wandering around the park but on all the times I went last year other than the AP fright Nights they were hanging around with the security at The Asylum's exit. The only time I felt the creepy atmosphere the last couple of years has been the AP evenings purely because it is so quiet you feel like you're not supposed to be there and the actors acually followed me and my friends around. Bring back the atmosphere that Fright Nights used to have.
Peaj banned me literally in the banning game - I am a fool :(

#39 Dodge2002

Dodge2002
  • Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:00 PM

To be honest I like the music they've played the last few years. It's mostly been from the Saw movies.

Queuing up for stealth with this blaring
a constant haze of smoke, perfect ambient lighting. It makes the Stealth plaza one of the best places on the park during FNs.

Then walking out of the park during 2011, having this

playing across the bridge, again just wow. Seeing all the advertising for THE SWARM, incuding the looming lift hill being built, I left the park with chills, it just left such a great impression.

#40 c1hrisin

c1hrisin

C1hrisin

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 02:19 AM

LOVE SAW MUSIC

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users