Rush

Perks

I dont know. We complained because it wasnt going as high or for as long and they said about the swings reduced because its been struggling recently.

So probably like 1 or 2 swings at the top right? I have only ever had 4 swings and I still thought that was pretty short!

Not sure if this has ever been mentioned, but the ride music from 2005 (as listed on this site anyway) was also used in the Blade: Trinity movie in one of the chase scenes.. Any-one know anything about this? I was watching E4 last night & the film was on.. I recognised it immediately as I'd been playing RCT with that music on in the background..

Are you talking about the queue loop or loading music, or both? This is interesting though, as Slammer's raising music is quite a well-known or famous tune. And it seems there is a lot of swapping about tunes over the parks, something that gets up my nose (Depth Charge with Flume music, Carousel with old Towers Street music, to name a couple of examples).

Ahh yes end of the world, a company distributing music to other attractions owned by the same company... That's like saying a J D Wetherspoon can't sell a drink because a Lloyds No. 1 sells it. (Both the same company if anyone is interested and fails to see ye relevancy.)

Rush was running terribly today. It was only on one swing (still the one nearest the operator cabin) and was having no high swings, highest it ever reached was 90 degrees. I fear that Slammer (which was working perfectly all day) has passed on its S&S unreliability to Rush. Shame really as I enjoy Rush when it's working properly.

Rush was running terribly today. It was only on one swing (still the one nearest the operator cabin) and was having no high swings, highest it ever reached was 90 degrees. I fear that Slammer (which was working perfectly all day) has passed on its S&S unreliability to Rush. Shame really as I enjoy Rush when it's working properly.

The lost city needs a serious refurb... I think all the flat rides should be replaced with different rides or newer models of the existing rides. I would like to see samurai replaced so it can run faster, rush replaced so it can be back to the good old days when it was reliable,vortex so it could actually spin and zodiac should just be replaced all together- with a topspin ;)

The only good flat rides at thorpe these days are detonator, quantum and rocky express :P

Replace three of the Lost City flats with newer models? :rolleyes:

Rides become old and in some cases, slower. But I don't think Thorpe will spend money replacing them with newer models, only for history to repeat itself and when the money could be better spent :P

Considering Vortex isn't as popular these days it's not going to be replaced with a newer model. Rush is pretty reliable most of the time, the only "issue" is that it sometimes runs on a very short cycle which as far as I'm aware has nothing to do with reliability (although I did hear recently that there are reasons behind the short cycle of late).

As for Samurai, it's a fairground ride which is not supposed to be constantly run like it is at Thorpe. Replacing it would solve the issue for a while, only for it to start tearing itself apart again. As much as many of us would love to see it return to its good old days, sadly it won't happen.

As for Detonator and Quantum...Quantum used to be more extreme and the gear box completely failed in 07 leaving the ride closed from around summer time onwards :lol: As for Detty...just make sure you do have your seatbelt well secured ;)

Rush seems to always have a dodgy start to the season, whether it be opening late, having some downtime, only swing open, etc. It seems to work better as the season goes on, at least I think so.

Replacing Rush would be needlessly costly and pretty much pointless.

People bleat on about how much money has been spent on Slammer, they seem to forget Rush has had a lot done too. It comes to something when they have to change the pulley wheels for a fabricated design to let the cables slip through. Plus there was that accidently where a bit flew off, work was done to rectify that.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Rush had an awful cycle on Saturday IMO, and when I asked if we could get a better cycle, I was told it was already on the best as it 'reaches 90 degrees', the fact I was on Swing B didn't really help at all, but it seemed to get one or two high swings at best throughout the day, which was disappointing especially as it's my favourite flat, has it improved sine then does anyone know?

It always seems to be changing, in an attempt at queue management I would guess.

A much bigger cause of the queue seems to be the operations of the ride, taking ages between each cycle. It has been by far the worst run of everything at Thorpe on both of my visits this year, Rush staff seem to have no go in them whatsoever,

I remember the old days with really good staff. Even with only two staff they can proper get that ride going if they want to.

Lazy attractions staff seems to happen everywhere nowadays, how did they get all the energy and oomph they used to and what's changed?!

Clearly those in charge of recruitment are loosing the ability to spot those who are willing to go that extra mile as part of their job as opposed to those who just want to pass an interview or an assessment centre.

I brought it up on Vampire and I saw the responses there but does Thorpe not have any form of performance monitoring in place?