Rush

Perks

Yesterday Swing A seemed to be working to almost full swing however swing B was terrible. It wasn't even reaching 90. Also the vast amount of staff on it was very odd, There were 3 people in the console room, 2 filling the bays, 1 by the exit and 1 for fast track. The queue never exceeded 30 mins but the cycle through the whole day was very short.

What was wrong with rush yesterday

Swing B never exceeded 90 degrees and felt very down on power while swing A seemed to operate with out problem. I went on swing B 3 times yesterday and my total airtime was none as it never had enough power or reached the correct height. Unfortunately we never got on Swing A but from the ground you could definitely see that it was reaching a higher height.

I found it very noticeable that swing A was a lot more powerful from the begging of the season, annual pass day. It was also running very out of sync, they ended up going at different times which was probably due to swing B being less powerful.

It was so bad that Swing B wasn't operating in the after noon, so I'm surprised they didn't sort it out in the time they had before opening?

What would be the reason for the power imbalance? And also has anyone ever noticed smoke coming out of the holes where the metal cable goes in/out of the main frame? Its only happened a couple of times so its not constant but I have seen it occasionally

Many things could cause the power imbalance. Likely cause is that the pressure tank isn't reaching the correct pressure. The smoke would be a pressure release as the pressure tanks will contain cold air. As that isn't needed to be done regularly it would happen on rare occasion.

As far as I can remember, Swing A has always had a better cycle than Swing B. Like when I asked the ride host if it was possible to have a better cycle, she came back and said I can queue up again and go on Swing A as it's 'higher and faster'. So if staff members are aware of this, has it not been addressed?

If you mean a higher cycle, then yup, it seems at the moment Swing A is doing that. As already mentioned S&S have been in to have a look, so I'm sure they're addressing it.

Cycle length however, the ride op has no control. It can be changed before park opening by the engineers.

There's nothing the staff members can do to make swing B go higher. It is out of sync massively with swing A and just can't reach 90 degrees (looked like 80 today while swing A was getting about 100). It's down to the engineers and S&S to fix, but I doubt it's an easy job to do when the ride is operating every day now. Wouldn't surprise me if they'd have to take some of it apart to fix it.

Never realised how bad the sync has gotten between A & B until today, also there was 3 or 4 seats out of order today :/ also as has already been mentioned the cycle was very short today

Think it's been on the same cycle the whole year so far, which is very short, which is annoying. It could be due to swing B not running very well, it can't run for longer of something?

Must be a reason behind it, because I had never seen a short cycle like this on rush last season.