Rush

Perks

Wait a second which one is swing A, I thought A was the swing closest to the operator room which is obviously performing better. The one closest the operator room gets to full height unlike the other swing which most of the time doesn't reach 90.

Swing A is the one closest to the control room, RobD explains in his post why swing A ends up preforming better.

Basically, Thorpe have tried and tested various ways to resolve everything that, theoretically speaking, could be wrong. Yet nothing has worked so far so Thorpe are still continuing to 'experiment' with different solutions to various theoretical possibilities with regards to what's causing the difference in swing heights.

That probably was just more complicated actually, sorry.

• 1 month later...

On Tuesday, the ride team on Rush were handing out paper cups full of water to those riding, and they could then throw the water on to other riders and those in the queue! It was great until they were told by management to stop :( It was such a hot day as well!

One girl threw hers near the operating booth where a staff member was standing. And after the ride finished, before they released the restraints, the staff member went up to the girl and poured water on her head!

"This is what happens if you aim at the ride team"

It was great haha. Shame they stopped before I got on.

At least rush gives you a good experience. After riding the swing at lake compounce, my appreciation grew for rush once more. I believe the circuit is slightly longer, you get a higher angle, and there's more of a rush (no pun intended) as you come down from the swing. I just am annoyed that both parks now give you no freedom With your restraint and this minimises freedom in the air. Rushes seat though is surprisingly deeper and you can still catch air time when holding your arms and legs out forward. I couldn't get a single ounce of airtime on thunder n lightning.

On Tuesday, the ride team on Rush were handing out paper cups full of water to those riding, and they could then throw the water on to other riders and those in the queue! It was great until they were told by management to stop :( It was such a hot day as well!

One girl threw hers near the operating booth where a staff member was standing. And after the ride finished, before they released the restraints, the staff member went up to the girl and poured water on her head!

I wish this was allowed more often! Sounds like great fun!

This sounds really fun. I've heard they did this on Detonator before (ages ago) and at the top you pass the cup around, when it then drops the person who has the cup will obviously be wet.

This they did things like this more often, as it would be great fun. Would be entertaining to watch from queue lines as well.

All it takes is one person in the queue or next to someone on the to take offence to having water thrown at them and you could end up with a flight between two guests. Unless there is signage up at the ride entrance stating this is a water ride, then I would expect to get off dry.

Its also not the sort of childish thing a professional park should be doing. If they want to do it as a summer special then add some sprinklers (similar to Ripsaw/Rameses or Monkey Swinger) and signs to show that you will get wet.

The skyhawk incident was minor. It opened at about 2pm today and I was on the first swing. Have to say the extra bit of height and the correct set up really makes a different. Skyhawk is a great screaming swing and the noise is so quite compared to rush. Also reaching full height makes it a lot better as well.

Skyhawk is a great screaming swing and the noise is so quite compared to rush. Also reaching full height makes it a lot better as well.

You got to remember tho Rush was a prototype when it was installed at Thorpe as S&S would ask thorpe to note down problems and how they fix them and also would ring thorpe if they had problems with other skyswings they installed