Rush

Perks

Very good ride from thorpe but not sure as you also have vortex which can be seen as the same rides just one is bigger. I know they are very different but to the average person looking on they may see rush or vortex as a bit pontless, oh well just less queing for me!! :P

I really like Rush but I went when it first opened and only one side was working and then I went in June 2006 and none of it was working. Has it just been really bad luck or if not why is it always breaking down?.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Always , always breaking down ... maybe not always broken but %80 of it's Up-time it has been running at a reduced capacity

I hate when theme parks do this, I really think a ride should only be open if it can take full capacity, and if the ride really really cant then open it towards the end of the day (about three) to make sure people can get on it otherwise you spend ages in a very annoying q line!

I would rather it on one swing becasue on rush you can get a good or bad ride. On one swing the ride lasts no more than one minuit, on two swings it could last up to three. I know this makes the queue longer, but at least you are queuing for something worth queueing for. :P

sky hawk never has this problem it has been open about three months now and there has not been a single time when it is down to one swing and must I say it is a great ride.

When you watch the skyhalk webcam theres a fair few days its running on just one swing, it was yesterday.

• 3 weeks later...

sky hawk never has this problem it has been open about three months now and there has not been a single time when it is down to two swings and must I say it is a great ride.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As RUSH is the first of its kind, it's more of a 'test ride'! For example, Top Thrill Dragster was the first of its kind and that kept breaking down, now Kingda Ka (made by the same people) does'nt break down as much because they have learnt from their mistakes (but they did'nt take those mistakes on board when they built Stealth)!

Rush is not the first of it's kind, the first one opened at Knott's Berry Farm as a prototype. Xcelerator was the first Hydraulic Launch Rollercoaster to be made by Intamin AG, not Top Thrill Dragster. All rides are never 100% perfect, remember the people who build them are only human, and cannot guarantee they will work every day. It was just unfortunate that Stealth, had to suffer lots of downtime.

• 3 months later...