Rush

Perks

right I was there today (5th time this year) and I got talking to a staff member and thay took it all (and I meen all) apart at xmas and thay hope to have it running at the weekend,but he did say that dos not meen it will ,to day there was a crane there but no work men and the safety bars are still off on 1 side,

Yeah they tend to strip the rides right down, its the usual over winter maintenance. No excuse as to why Rush is late though. That'd be S&S being fooking useless again.

This is a Mark9 postYeah if you had read the convo you'd know exactly whats happened with Rush.

right I was there today (5th time this year) and I got talking to a staff member and thay took it all (and I meen all) apart at xmas and thay hope to have it running at the weekend,but he did say that dos not meen it will ,to day there was a crane there but no work men and the safety bars are still off on 1 side,

wow, no way! even the foundations!?

I second that motionI want some info on Rush if ok:When its you get to rush, theres a row of seats, you sit down, and you put the lap restraints over your lap:What's stopping you from falling?Do you ever feel as your slipping out of your seat?Is the res's ever loose?What's stopping the res's from opening and you falling? (Ref to incident about slammer's restraints coming off and girl being tossed back and forth with only her lap res)I really want to go on Rush and I now have the guts to go on Samurai (I will DEFO 110% go on it) Ive always wanted to go since Chessie and I will go when we next go. But I'm just a lil anxious about the res on Rush.As for slammer, many people have said that its rough, are you actually safe on Slammer, as you ARE actually going upside down??

Yeah, because health & safety would let you install a ride that could potentially kill people? Rushes restraints are so loose you fall through them to your death 99% of the time. Oh, also in regards to your question, when your upside down on slammer you cant breath and choke. Its been known to kill a few thousand. But dont worry. You get a free annual pass if you die.The restraints are designed to open only when situated at stopping point. Their design is only across the lap & the bucket seats allow a deep sit back into the ride. Slammer is so safe you dont even need the shoulder restraints. Their only there to support a little more weight and provide comfort (thats if you dont yank them all the way down).argh it irritates me so much when people doubt the safety of rides. if they wernt safe, they wouldnt bloody be at the park!?

Heyyy they were only asking - better to ask instead of not trying out the ride?The restraints are safe on every ride, if there was a problem they'd close it and fix it, and if there was the slightest chance of falling out, they'd never have been designed in the first place :DHave fun.

I second that motionI want some info on Rush if ok:When its you get to rush, theres a row of seats, you sit down, and you put the lap restraints over your lap:What's stopping you from falling?Do you ever feel as your slipping out of your seat?Is the res's ever loose?What's stopping the res's from opening and you falling? (Ref to incident about slammer's restraints coming off and girl being tossed back and forth with only her lap res)I really want to go on Rush and I now have the guts to go on Samurai (I will DEFO 110% go on it) Ive always wanted to go since Chessie and I will go when we next go. But I'm just a lil anxious about the res on Rush.As for slammer, many people have said that its rough, are you actually safe on Slammer, as you ARE actually going upside down??

Off topic:If you have been on samurai you can cope with the sensation of falling out. You feel more like you could fall out of samurai because of the restraints without the buckle and the samurai restraints move from side to side loads compared to other rides. (If I sit on the end of the row (which I hope most of you do) my right leg tends to pop out of the restraint.Ontopic:I dounbt they strip Rush down to the foundations, otherwise its just like rebuilding it. I do hope it is sorted out soon. I cant wait to ride it again. I have only been on it once and I loved it. I planned to go on it again last year but I broke my collar bone which was a bummer :D.

FOR FECK SAKE WILL no one has died on Slammer or Rush so why do you doubt the safety of these rides. Loads of Scwarzkopf looping coasters have no over the shoulder restraints and yet no one has died so stop asking stupid questions on the safety of Thorpe Park ridesFACT: No one has died on a Merlin rideFACT: Only one person has died on a British ride.

What's stopping you from falling?

The restraint believe it or not..

Do you ever feel as your slipping out of your seat?

Yes..

Is the res's ever loose?

Yes if they are not pushed down fully.. not a problem.

What's stopping the res's from opening and you falling? (Ref to incident about slammer's restraints coming off and girl being tossed back and forth with only her lap res)

The fact that they have a fail safe system and are locked.. they can not be opened mid cycle, certainly not in normal operation, and that slammer incident believe what you like.

I really want to go on Rush and I now have the guts to go on Samurai (I will DEFO 110% go on it) Ive always wanted to go since Chessie and I will go when we next go. But I'm just a lil anxious about the res on Rush.

The restraints on rush are designed to give you a safe thrilling ride.

As for slammer, many people have said that its rough, are you actually safe on Slammer, as you ARE actually going upside down??

I'm yet to die on slammer..