Rush

Perks

on friday at about 4:00 rush was down to 1 swing but both were working yesterdey (sat) so out of the 14 times ive been there so far this year rush has been on 2 swings for about 10 of those times the other 4 was in march wen rush was not even open so thats pritty good going I think, the swing closest to the console still swings a bit more than the other 1, I think the lap bars are fine ,15th time 2 mos yay lol

• 3 weeks later...

Yet again, another hyped up story was in The Sun yesterday regarding Rush.Apparently, debris fell off during operation and was thrown into a crowd of some sort. Must gave been a reeeeeally slow news day for them to publish something so petty. Supported with arguably the worst headline ever.See for yourself, images here.Blown totally out of proportion.

Whilst some of it has been blown out of proportion, it really is quite serious. There is a video and you can clearly see that piece of metal did some damage to the fence, what if it had hit someone? Even worse someone on the ride, with even more force being exerted onto it.

"thats british engineering for ya"haha, try our neighbours across the atlantic ocean for the blame. Seriously though, although the bloke obviously gave that video to the sun for a quick 50 quid, its still kinda bad. I'm surprised the people on the swing didnt get hit as its knocked it right across into the fence.

In all honesty, it was a serious safety flaw. Nethertheless, nobody could predict it happening and the blame cant be put upon anyone. These things happen. I just think the publicity of the whole event was totally unnecessary. Not only does it make thorpe look bad, it also highlights the poor english some of these reporters, I mean, scream park? come on.

I'v read in several places a month. That makes sense, considering they'll have to investigate what happened, test, perhaps order and wait for new parts to arrive. Could even be as serious as waiting for the ride manufacture S&S to give it the all clear.

They will want it back sooner than a month I would think.

I don't think it is a case of what Thorpe want, it is a case of opening the ride once it is ready and they are confident that any problems are ironed out. I'd rather not be able to ride it for longer than for it to be opened too early and have another part hit more than just a footplate...

To be honest I doubt it will be all that long.They will want it back sooner than a month I would think.Its not even certain they require a new part, no one knows at this point.

Fury was said to be shut for a month, it reopened within a week :(. Its just covering themselves for delivery of the part.

It was an accident, I have full belief that Thorpe's engineeering is totally safe, it's just a real pity that an incident that hurt noone, has been written about in The Sun. Thorpe's engineering has been lamblasted by The Sun for an accident that wasn't anyones fault, these rides are tested for 4-5 hours before park opening, it could not have been helped IMO. Everyone may say that theme parks aren't safe, but I can only count 2 problems in the past decade at Thorpe, it's an incredibly good record, especially compared to other theme parks in the UK. And the 'it will be closed for a month' is rubbish, I believe there has been no set date for it's reopening; I think it was Martin who said when it happened that it would be a month, which was pretty much unfounded.