Rush

Perks

At the end of the day it is a health and safety issue which occurred, and as a customer you expect to ride an attraction without potentially getting seriously injured. Now whether people think its thorpe fault or not - the buck stops at them. Say I'm at work, and one of the wall bay arms falls down with 30 odd jeans on it making it very heavy and this hits someone. Its no ones fault, it was secure when it was put up; its one of those things BUT its happened in our store, it hurt someone and therefore we are accountable. People can't sue fate. With thorpe, At the end of the day IF someone got hit by that metal shard then who would those people turn around and sue? Thorpe.and its not like this is the first time. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/souther...ies/3391267.stm . I'm not sure of the circumstances of the engineering at that time - but I would assume it was adequate to pass the morning ride certificate then. But who got blamed, who got the fine? http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/souther...ies/3579359.stm . Thorpe Park did. Not Huss. Not fate. What I'm trying to say is, we could go around in circles saying who is to blame, and its easy seeing as no one did get hurt to pass it off as a lucky escape and it wasnt thorpe fault. And I'm not say it is in anyway shape or form, I have full confidence in their safety. But someone is always to blame, we live in an 'I'm going to sue you' culture.As for the news, its unfair and misrepresentative. Well, pretty much everything you read is, and its stories like this that make you realize how false the press can be and makes you more skeptical about what you read in the future. If its not Thorpe Park, its the Govenrment, the police or Heather Mills.

Well thats shut me up lolheather millss tehee..I suppose thats the issue that ppl get all up in arms about.. sueing...People sue others for so many things... this is when common sense goes out the window, like when a woman failed to realise her coffee was hot and sued mcdonalds.oh wells.....I hope rush gets fixed and is back up and running, safely, soon.. me likey rush...

You should know that it is being treated just as serious as if someone HAD been hit by it.Marc you are not taking things seriously, the ride, at full swing, drop-kicked a 17kg steel plate through the ride exit, had someone been standing in its way, they would not be getting up anytime soon.Just to clear one thing up, I'm sure the park DO check every single component on the rides every morning, every single visible nut and bolt is checked. From what I know of Rush, if there had been a fault with that anchor plate in the morning, it wouldn't not have taken till 1 in the afternoon to come off.Oh and Marc, how can you say that the plate isn't a significant component?

You should know that it is being treated just as serious as if someone HAD been hit by it.Marc you are not taking things seriously, the ride, at full swing, drop-kicked a 17kg steel plate through the ride exit, had someone been standing in its way, they would not be getting up anytime soon.

Care to tell me how I'm not taking this seriously? There has been much worse things happen, even this year. Maybe not at thorpe but within the group.

Oh and Marc, how can you say that the plate isn't a significant component?

My bad, I probably should have put "from what ive heard", sorry for any mix up!

"Just to clear one thing up, I'm sure the park DO check every single component on the rides every morning, every single visible nut and bolt is checked."Why only the visible ones? Surely if your going to check 'every single component' it shouldnt just be the the visible ones? Even so, I'm still in high doubt they even check visible ones unless its undergoing a full on safety inspection by the park, in which case everything is stripped and analysed until its deemed safe by the park.Having to check every single nut & bolt every morning would grow tiresome. I'm sure its just a quick glance, a test run, then straight into operation.

I'm not so sure it would be an intense check of each and every visible bolt..... but they are there a hell of alot of time before the park opens.. so they have time... it may be tiresome.. but thats what the job entitled... I'm sure if the people really didnt want to do that every morning.. they wouldnt have taken the job

Engineers check the rides in the morning for hours. Ride ops operate the ride :angry:And the fact that the ride music was playing the other day...the q-line music always plays, it's on the parkwide audio system. So thats probably what was heard.

"Just to clear one thing up, I'm sure the park DO check every single component on the rides every morning, every single visible nut and bolt is checked."Why only the visible ones? Surely if your going to check 'every single component' it shouldnt just be the the visible ones? Even so, I'm still in high doubt they even check visible ones unless its undergoing a full on safety inspection by the park, in which case everything is stripped and analysed until its deemed safe by the park.Having to check every single nut & bolt every morning would grow tiresome. I'm sure its just a quick glance, a test run, then straight into operation.

You have no idea do you?Looking back at what I posted yesterday, someone has edited it, the words I typed yesterday were "Just to clear things up, WE DO check every single component........."You would not beleive how detailed the daily checks are for any ride.

The engineers who are liable for stuff like this. If they sign off paperwork and not actually check it and something happens, they're liable. Vampire takes so long every single morning to be signed over because they have to physically check every part of the train, which includes every bolt including the 4 holding each wheel together, and ride before handing it over to rides staff. It'll be the same anywhere in tussauds/merlin parks as thats the standard they do.

Just got back from Thorpe, and looked at Rush, the damage it's done to the footrest looks nasty. (it kinda looks like it was cut into with a knife or something, if the picture isn't clear). Plus looks like its cracked to the base? Posted ImageThe object was said to be 17.5kg ish. Plus the force of the ride hitting it (it was coming down from a fall height swing so thats 3G's correct?). Meaning the it would be 3 times its normal weight, so 52.5kg? Fence kinda fixedPosted ImageNow, if that had hit someone...

Does this incident have anything to do with Slammer being shut?Perhaps because Slammer is also made by S & S it has a similar part to the one that fell from Rush and to be on the safe side they are going over Slammer with a fine tooth comb aswell?Out of interest does anyone know what it was that fell?

I was there on the day of the incident and Rush opened at least 15 minutes after the gates did. It was also testing about 10 minutes before the park opened which is quite unusual as it usually opens with the park whenever I go. Maybe there was a slight problem which the engineers noticed during testing which may have been entirely resolved? Could it have been linked as well?I don't know if any of you have noticed but Swing B has also been swinging much lower than A and sometimes only getting to 90 degrees. Could that have been due to a loose part?It's a shame really as I adore Rush and I think ever since it's been put back together it has had great reliability.