Rush

Perks

Here's hoping! Do you think once Merlin have finished SAW and made a profit, that they'll come to think about perking up other rides in the park before blowing all their money on another half-arsed attraction dumped under Stealth's top-hat because there's no more room nor money to theme it?I love Thorpe really... :)

That half arsed attraction, that is one of the most popular rides in the park? You have to remember Tussaud's put Rush in and is certainlly one of the best flat rides out there (plus Slammer, the two are totally unique to the UK and even the world when opened). From what we've seen of Merlin's additions they do like themed attractions, so here's hoping. However, I doubt they will back-track now when the future of the park is so bright.One final note: No space? I gather you haven't seen the two new islands behind Stealth then? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Went on yesterday, seemed like it only reached its full height for about 3 or 4 swings before slowing down again - suited me absolutely fine 'cos I hate the thing, was forced on it by friends, but I could have sworn that during off-peak times the ride does go on for a lot longer (although the queue was still pretty short yesterday, half hour tops).

Yep it has been on a good cycle all weekend ;)The shortest it can be is 7 swings, I believe. Meaning the 7th swing is the final full height one before the the cycle starts coming to an end. Don't know what the most is it can do/is allowed but this weekend it's been doing 9. Judging by the ride length and the video I got from the queue :)

Rush could be on a much longer setting. It is my favourite ride in the park, but it's so dissappointing how little time you get on there.I think the problem is with the fact that it goes so badly out of sync, right from the start you can hear that it's out of sync, and when the swings are on full swing, because one clearly goes a lot higher than the other, it gets ridiculously bad.I remember a couple of years ago when it worked pretty much perfectly; I think freight nights 2007? had Rush on a setting that gave 4 top swings for each side. Since then, quite frankly it's been pretty bad, and they NEED to fix it because the shortness of the experience is making Rush a lot less "WOW" than it could be.Sort out the fact that one swing goes a LOT higher than the other, and sort out whatever it is that is causing the swings to go so far out of sync, and then we'll be allowed to enjoy the longer ride settings that we once enjoyed.Rush is poorly and has been for two years now! :)

The setting will most likely return to its shorter span in the summer to increase throughput.

But surely it's the loading and unloading that takes the time. It takes, what, 5 seconds at the most for an extra top swing, and in the process make the ride a much better experience? I wouldn't mind waiting an extra 5 mintues or so for a better ride experience.. I think it's really silly, just like an extra turn each way on Slammer would make it much more exciting (presently you only get one turn on max. speed).. when again, its the loading that takes the time.

Is it just me that finds Rush "average"? I mean, yeah its fun but I don't get what all the fuss is about. I much prefer Vortex! Everybody has their own opinion and I guess mine is just different to most peoples!

totally agree - if in the right seat (Which is pure luck!) vortex is amazing and really fun - much better than rush except for the q!

My opinion seems to differ from the majority of people as well. Rush just makes me feel sick,

Starting to agree with you. Recently I haven't really found it to be much of a thrill but more of as you say a ride that just makes me feel sick. Some times I get the odd ride on Rush that I really enjoy and I used to enjoy it all the time. Don't prefer vortex though, have had too many low swings lately.

Seems to be on the 9 swing setting at the moment. A fair length. I love Rush! Better than Skyhawk. Shock? Well Skyhawk is always on 7 swings and it sways from side to side. As soon as its drawn out swings get going it stops... 1, Yes.. ONE high swing!! Not good enough! Rush > SH!!