Rush

Perks

I usually try to keep my bar up as much as possible so I get maxamum air time! It is great!Rush has to be one of my favourites at THORPE PARK!

I always push my self out of the seat a bit when the attendants come round to give my self a bit more room for airtime. It is so much more thrilling when you have more airtime!

Just wondered, do both the swings ever work at the same time? I've been to Thorpe many times and I've never seen both working at the same time... B)

Yes, most of the time. They only run the ride on one swing when the park is quiet, and they only need one. It's the same principal as running a coaster on one train.

Just wondered, do both the swings ever work at the same time? I've been to Thorpe many times and I've never seen both working at the same time... B)

Yes they do both swing at the same time but only when it is busy they were both up and running at FN last year I should think they have a 2 swing op this easter. B)

Yes they do both swing at the same time but only when it is busy they were both up and running at FN last year I should think they have a 2 swing op this easter. B)

They use two swings during all of the holidays, and busier days. All of the off-peak days would only require one swing operation.

Rush is usually on two swings. Even quiet days, the park do their best to keep the ride at full capacity. Of course there are exceptions to that.Sometimes in the heat, the ride may swing too high and on two swings will then cause a ride shut down, one of the reasons it may effect the two swings together..BUT BUT BUT, this is now very rare.

I've said this before, but Rush is still not working as it should, and I haven't seen Rush actually in sync. since the season before last!Just why is it so bad? Yesterday it was really noticeable.Is it swing B that goes a lot lower than swing A, or the other way round? Either way, you can really tell the difference between the two and it's annoying as hell when you get the bad one.Using physics and the pendulum theory, even if one swing goes higher than the other, if there are no other external factors at play, they should still remain in sync. because their mass is approximately the same/ gravity is acting on them both equally. At least I think that should be right. So there must be something actually wrong with the ride itself (the only obvious thing I can think of is that there is a lot more friction in the moving parts on one than the other? ) I don't know, but it annoys me having seen it not working properly for all this time, and seemingly nothing's been done...It is still my favourite ride (so long as you get the good side) so I want to see them caring for Rush more! :PTake a look at some youtube videos of Skyhawk at Cedar Point. It's near as damn it to in sync, and both swings go to the same height. That's how Rush should be!

I agree watching from the SAW Que it was extremely noticeable, one barely made it horizontal and the other was putting riders with there feet higher than there heads(the way it should be), and by the end of the ride they are incredibly out of sync , at one point they were both swinging the same way , only for a brief second but still.Luckily I got the good side :P, If I had my "good" phone on me I would have taken a video :P. However I did notice it got better throughout the day and later on its barely noticeable. Seems the swing closest to Colossus takes a while to warm up.

Skyhawk... good looking!? You have got to being having a jolly! It easily steals the ugly crown from Rush. And Rush was a prototype, so it was never going to be perfect.

I did not know Rush was a prototype!!!You learn something new everyday as they say :P Are any other rides at THORPE PARK prototypes like Rush was?