Rush

Perks

oh, my bad. To me it just looked like hopskotch :huh: I don't go to fright nights so I wouldn't know.

It is, last year Rush had a children being in control theme (like Detonator) becuase it is basically a swing, so fits in nicely with the children theme, since you find swings in playgrounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Indeed, also another thing that needs cleaning up is the graffiti on the ground, seen belowPosted Image

The drawings in that picture were done by me for the 2007 Fright Night season. The hopskotch reads from the batching area upwards 'U R D E A D'. There were other drawings around the ride area that all hinted at the various ways as to how some of the ghost children came to be ghosts. Images and drawings were also put up in the 'playground control' of sad children and grinning clowns, all to uphold the theme. I have images of all the graffiti I will upload if anyone is interested.I should also point out that I myself jet washed all those drawings up before the start of the 2008 season. The ride area and queueline were VERY VERY clean.The faded drawings still seen this season, were from fright nights '08, it was fantastic to see the park keep up my initial idea and ride launch track, although a shame no-one passionate enough to find the time to jet wash it for the start of 2009.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to Thorpe Park yesterday. The queue for Rush was ten minutes so I thought I might aswell go on it. I was queing for 5 minutes when the operator said "Due to an unfortunate case of the upthrust of food, the ride is temporarely closed until we clean the seats." it took 10 minutes to clean then they put it on a test run before I finaly got on. their was a commotion becuase no one wanted to sit on that seat so altogether I queued for 30 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

And oddly, would then be the cleanest seat of all, after the staff have scrubbed the sick off!

Agreed, especially since they put two whole bottles of that white powder stuff on the ground where the person was sick. Over-exaggerating if you ask me. It should take around 2-3 minutes to clean up to be honest. If it is on a seat then about 5. not 10 though

The setting is changed in line with guest numbers - 3-4 top swings will happen when the park is busy and quiet, and in quiet times it will be longer settings.

I think 3-4 swings is ok but Rush is one of the quickest queues in the park. It shoots by. (I think). And besides I still think its absolutely worth it