Rush

Perks

^ I'm basing this only on my knowledge and not fact now, but Thorpe did an in house job of stripping the piping that delivers the air to the piston as it was made out of a poor material that often broke. It was replaced with kevlar reinforced piping, but was done in house. It might be that in doing so the park invalidated warranty, or it might be that S&S can fix the problem, but as the ride works and most people don't actually notice a difference, from a financial point it wouldn't be worth it. Fever will probably know if what I'm saying is in anyway possible, I'm just putting one and two together here... (although I'll ask my engineer friend all this next time I visit =) )

I honestly don't know the exact reason behind the slight height difference. It could even be down to the ropes the ride uses. S&S Power have delivered completly the wrong size before-rope and thread!In regard to your engineer friend, don't go posting his name here to save the usual staff/fanboy/internet hassle, ta.

Edited by Neilfever

^ Of course.On a different note, seen as Rush has a music change annually (or has done every year so far) what do we think the chances are of 2009's announcements and Ride music staying? Personally I like what they've done with the music lately so I'm hoping we see the 2009 soundtracks again.

• 3 weeks later...

I also agree with the people above.I am absolutely fine with roller coasters but flats are not so good.I'm fine with all of them except Rush and Detonator. I don't like Rush because of something which happened when I was around 6. It sounds really stupid but here goes.I went on the Black Buccaneer at CWOA and absolutely hated it (was quite young). After the ride cycle completed I really wanted to get off but as there was no queue the ride op asked if we wanted another go. Inevitably everyone said yes and I went through the pure terror yet again.It is a shame as I really think that Rush would be fun but I can't bring myself to go on it.

I also agree with the people above.I am absolutely fine with roller coasters but flats are not so good.I'm fine with all of them except Rush and Detonator. I don't like Rush because of something which happened when I was around 6. It sounds really stupid but here goes.I went on the Black Buccaneer at CWOA and absolutely hated it (was quite young). After the ride cycle completed I really wanted to get off but as there was no queue the ride op asked if we wanted another go. Inevitably everyone said yes and I went through the pure terror yet again.It is a shame as I really think that Rush would be fun but I can't bring myself to go on it.

You should go on rush, I don't like Mr Monkeys,Black Buccaneer, Blade or whatever swinging boat you find. They really make me feel sick, however Rush feels nothing like a boat.

You should go on rush, I don't like Mr Monkeys,Black Buccaneer, Blade or whatever swinging boat you find. They really make me feel sick, however Rush feels nothing like a boat.

I agree with you there Chris.Rush is nothing like a pirate ship style ride.I also can't do Black Buccaneer unless I am in the centre :(Rush is amazing and is worth a ride! :(