Ministry Of Sound @ Thorpe Park Meet

AJ

OMG you are Unplugged??! - You should see someone about that :blink:

Theres a reason! Basically Han, the Flume at Alton Towers used to be called 'The Flume: Unplugged' when Imperial Leather sponsored it; and I was and I am still obsessed with the Flume because of the Duck in the tunnel. So back in the day I named myself Unplugged, because it used to make sense; and now, it just sounds really dirty since the Unplugged bit of the name has been dropped from the ride :P

Well I'm home now as I'm 17 so no MoS for me! Would have loved to have gone though. :P

The day meet was a great success, was great to meet some new members as well as see some members who I hadn't seen in a while! Perfect weather for a good amount of riding the water rides / spending time at the Tidal Wave splash area. ;)

Thanks to Peaj & everyone else for helping make it such an enjoyable day with great people! ^_^

PS: The group photo could be rather entertaining (I think I looked like a drowned rat ahahah), it was taken after Rumba where we happened to be selectively chosen to be soaked by that massive hose jet by the turntable at the start of the ride...

Edited by Luke_A

Fantastic meet loved meeting you all again. I'm really happy you all were friendly and chatty to my sister and her friend and made them feel welcome. today was BOILING but fantastic, the only biggy we didn't do was stealth, but the day was fun none the less. And also to top it all off Tidal Wave to finish, which was the best thing I had ridden all day as it was so hot lol.

Like luke said, thats for Peaj for organizing and everyone else for making it awesome, like luke also I'm a tad to young for MOS nights so I will wait in anticipation for the photos of some very drunk looking TPM members :P I had a fantastic time roll on the next meet :D

Home at last, really had a great time. Shame I couldn't make the whole day but I think 12hrs of Thorpe is quite enough! Got a decent amount of rides in with a good crowd, a lot of beer and some very bad 'dancing' through the night. I even jumped on for a quick detonation while I popped back on park for a hangover burger when I collected my car!

Worth saying here how impressed I was with the whole Ministry of Sound set up, they really create a great atmosphere and do a more than decent job of turning the rather unlikely dome into a nightclub. Some of the music choice was a bit odd and pushing the boundaries of what I expect to hear on a 90's night, but that is just taste I guess.

Apologies to my roomies if my supersonic snoring kept you awake (although Fish hit some impressive volume himself at times so he can't complain) and too anyone if I did/said anything beyond the mark while full of beer (I'm well aware my sense of humour goes a bit dark and nasty when I'm drunk, deep down I guess I'm just a bit dark and nasty!). And, as ever, thanks to Peaj for the organising.

Thanks to all those that made this day and night great fun. I will second to Pluk how impressed I was with the transformation into Ministry of Sound.

Just under 18 hours in the park did take a toll on my energy - I must admit, so apologies for being grumpy/ moany between 9 and half 10, my energy levels took a tumble (not an excuse I know) and got ratty :( . But thanks to those who snapped me out of it ready to party it up in the dome for a brilliant night.

Entertainment from some of the members in the 90s zone with their dance moves :lol: and as always look forward to the next meet. the after effects today was waking up feeling sluggish so thought I'd have a hair of the dog laying in my mates paddling pool in the garden. Next time I promise I won't start drinking before 10am....

Hi all thanks to everyone that came yesterday!!!! It was a brilliant day. Considering that it was snowing during my last meet yesterday was quite a contrast. During the day it was great to chat to everyone and to get to know people better, during the evening it was great to whore the coasters and later on was good to have a couple of drinks ;) It was great to meet those from TowersNerd and yet again many thanks to Peaj for making the day what it was!!!!! I cant wait for the next meet and I hope that everyone enjoyed it as much as I did!!!!!!!! Will try and get some pics up soon ...