YES OR NO? Extreme...

TPJames

YES OR NO? Extreme...  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you ever ride it?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
  2. 2. Would it fit in at a UK theme park?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends where
  3. 3. Would you put it in thorpe park?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

Sorry guys about this 'late' entry, I never got round to doing it yesterday:

Just to remind you, you vote on these three questions:

Would you ever ride it?

Would it fit in at a UK theme park?

Would you put it in thorpe park?

The ride up this week is... Extreme ride! There are many versions of this but I have got a video of the 4 arm one, of course if thorpe DID get one of these they would be better off with a 6 arm:

So guys, get voting and most importantly... Could it be the 2014 ride at thorpe park?

That ride looks extreme (so the name isn't false advertising :P ). I would certainly love to give it a go. I think it would work well at Adventure Island in Southend due to there collection of fun fair model rides. This isn't me complaining about AI though as it is a great little park. Would it work at Thorpe? I honestly don't know. It has by the looks of it the thrill factor and could replace one of the ageing flat rides they have, however, it looks like it would be tearing itself apart the whole time so I fear it would either be like Slammer in constantly breaking down or like Samurai in being run on a (sometimes) terrible setting. It also looks so fun fairish again (which is expected from a fun fair ride) so unless they could make it look more permanent/ themed to a certain area of the park I don't think it would work.

Ridden many of these in my time...

I rate them as one of the most intense rides out there. Still one of the few rides to make me grey out / get dodgy vision when running fast and if I'm not properly hydrated, just like a Mondial Capriolo on a good cycle. The ride experience is one of those which you will probably love or hate depending on your preferences of thrill rides... When the arms reach the top all of your body weight goes onto the right hand side of your body, very extreme forces. They're not sickening to me however.

At about 1:40 onwards in the video below is the point of "oh my god these things are literally Extreme"

There are already around about 13 of these in the UK (including Ireland) though believe it or not, and they are made here by Tivoli manufacturing in Kent! Tivoli use KMG's seat design for the Extreme's and also sub-contract the manufacturing of KMG Move It's at times. All travelling models though, even though some are in parks such as Bottons Pleasure beach, they tend to run theirs quite slow though because of this.

It would be a good ride for a Theme Park if they operated it the way it's designed, e.g, the 6 arm model comes with self-closing restraints like Vortex, which do not need to be checked, and if you're large the little light won't go off beside your seat, making it easy to see which restraint isn't closed. Great system for getting high capacity numbers with 36 riders in total, just like the video below. Wouldn't want all the lighting at a park either, unless they found a suitable theme. An amusement park however, of course it would fit in. Thorpe to me is a bit of a mishmash of theme / amusement park right now, Zodiac, Vortex, Samurai, Quantum & Detonator all have their variants in the fairground market, so maybe this would work. Then on the other hand I don't think a chain owned theme park would operate it to potential, so in that aspect maybe it wouldn't be a good investment. I'm 50/50.. :P

Ooooops about the long post. :ninja: I just think these things are incredible.

A variation of this was one of the first big rides I ever went on, so I love them for nostalgia and also for being a damn good ride.

But they are quite common and I don't think there is much of a way 'unfairgrounding' them and it can't be run anything like that on a permanent basis. So I'll continue to enjoy them elsewhere but at Thorpe? No.

^ Agreed. This is too fairground-orientated. It would suit somewhere like Adventure Island @ Southend much better!

So guys, get voting and most importantly... Could it be the 2014 ride at thorpe park?

No, definitely not. In some ways, I think in light of reading this, I now actually want a topspin at Thorpe Park!

Don't forget that Thorpe removed a a very similar ride, Calgary Stampede, in late 2003 to make way for Samurai. This idea is a step backwards.

I'd ride it, and as others have said, it would probably fit in in somewhere like Adventure Island.

Wouldn't put it in at Thorpe. Too funfairy. Sure, they're a thrill park, but Thorpe should be considering things which will continue to bring people in - a ride like this would get old quickly, and is too common. They need things which are special (not necessarily unique) and won't wear off quickly.

One final thing, and it's the thing which stood out most to me...

Could it be the 2014 ride at thorpe park?

What makes you think they'll be a 2014 ride?

So far extreme has seemed to just slip below flying circus on the rankings- not that either of them did well :P

Once again guys I will give you until Thursday to vote and on Friday a new ride will be polled: I will post a clue soon but I am going to post something which can be used at a funfair but can be easily themed to fit in a theme park!

If you haven't voted yet, get voting!

Clue: alright guys, some(most) of you guys want a topspin at thorpe ;) but others have said there is one at chessington so thorpe don't need one- this is like a TOPSPIN but on a new dimension. So whoever thought something like a topspin wasn't good at thorpe, think again! And on this ride, almost every kind of themeing is possible :)

That's fair enough, but we could just make our own poll...

I know but my polls are more exciting :P

I forgot about this and have just realised, the poll is CLOSED and a new ride will be added soon!

Extreme scored a miserable 23.81%, the rides so far aren't doing very well!

• 3 weeks later...