Alton Towers - How Busy Will It Be?

mah boi

Likely to be pretty busy with schools, the general public if good weather and other people that have broken up early. If its peak time for schools rides could hit two hour queues but if you just miss peak school time (someone else will need to help here) then expect queues to be more around the hour mark. If the park is busy with schools then you can at least expect queues to fall a bit after 3pm!

• 3 months later...

Well my trip to Alton towers went on and it was not good. I only got on a few rides including the smiler, and the rest of my friends went on some rides as well. We didn't even get to forbidden valley because of those school kids and the amount of congestion they caused by weaving in and out and blocking people off. It wasn't helpful at all since once of my friends is disabled and I had to walk through the kids to meet up with her again since they kept of getting between us and cutting her off. And yes there were a lot of schools on that day. The coach park was quite full. It irritated me as to how many rides we got on and nearly spending £600 just for a day where I only went on 5 rides. We live in the south and I travel to Alton with my family every 3 years. So after this trip I'll have to wait another 3 years to go again. Sorry to all the good students who are on this forum, but to all you silly school kids who wasted my time, thanks for ruining my day. A warning to you all, do not go to Alton Towers the week before schools break up.

• 3 weeks later...

Is the ride times page accurate?

http://www.ridetimes.co.uk/

Seems strange for all the rides to be so quiet and for The Smiler to be at 40 minutes during school holidays.

Alton towers signed up to the page and it is updated every 30 minutes by alton towers(I think!)

The smiler must have been at 40 mins today as I had a glance at ridehopper in the middle of the day and the queue time was displaying 35 mins. Seems rather short though, I've never found ridehopper as realiable but seeing as these match up I think ride times is. Don't alton have an app saying the queue times like thorpe do or is this a substitute?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I know this is a bit in advance but seeing as I only get to go to the towers every once is ages I was wondering if you could tell me if the day I am planning to go on will be busy or not. This is my first trip in ages and I am yet to do most of the major rides and I am looking forward to it seeing as I enjoy thorpe park so much!

I am planning to visit on Saturday the 9th November. This is one of the few days we could make it and I was wondering whether it will be busy or not. The 9th is probably the easiest day I could do as I would be able to make my way up there on the 8th and then go to the park on the 9th. Please can you give me any advice whether it will be busy or not?

If this makes any difference, it's a fireworks night(not sure if that makes it busy or not!)

If that is the fireworks event I'm pretty sure it'll be crazy busy, but you have a long long day to fit it all in so should be OK, especially if you get there early when it will be dead.

We are staying in a hotel nearby so will be able to get there early. I hope its not too busy as I want to fit in all the big rides as I have not done most of them before. Also I might win a fastrack ticket for the smiler off their game ;)