Alton Towers - How Busy Will It Be?

mah boi

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys, I didn't know where to post this question so I'll just post it here :D

I'm going to Alton Towers next weekend any have only been twice before, during scarefest 2012. I've got a MAP so I'll get ERT and I'll probably spend most of my time on Nemesis, but I don't know where to go next? It's either to go to Oblivion and ride that, then get in the que for the Smiler before it opens at 10 or go to Rita and Thirteen and get a good couple of rides on them at 10. This is my first trip since the Smiler is open so I do want to get a good amount of rides on it :D Any comments/suggetions would be useful, thanks.

We visited this past week and did RMT, Duel and then Nemesis. By the time we had got two rides on Nemesis (had to wait at one point for them to add the other train) it was 9.40 and we wanted to be at The Smiler for opening. We went as quickly as possible via the diagonal lakeside/garden path to X Sector and just arrived at The Smiler queue as everyone else (who didn't have ERT) was coming into X Sector from the park entrance. Had to wait 30mins for it with a breakdown.

If you are athletic and don't mind some good exercise in the morning you could try what we did, or perhaps better would be to go straight to Oblivion, get lots of rides on it between 9.10-9.45 and then be one of the first in The Smiler's queue. Go to Rita & Thirteen straight after The Smiler and they will have no queue, then hopefully the Skyride is working and you can get on Air and Nemesis with no queues too.

We visited this past week and did RMT, Duel and then Nemesis. By the time we had got two rides on Nemesis (had to wait at one point for them to add the other train) it was 9.40 and we wanted to be at The Smiler for opening. We went as quickly as possible via the diagonal lakeside/garden path to X Sector and just arrived at The Smiler queue as everyone else (who didn't have ERT) was coming into X Sector from the park entrance. Had to wait 30mins for it with a breakdown.

If you are athletic and don't mind some good exercise in the morning you could try what we did, or perhaps better would be to go straight to Oblivion, get lots of rides on it between 9.10-9.45 and then be one of the first in The Smiler's queue. Go to Rita & Thirteen straight after The Smiler and they will have no queue, then hopefully the Skyride is working and you can get on Air and Nemesis with no queues too.

Thanks for that! On the Saturday I'll probably do what you did, go to Nemesis and then on Sunday and on the Sunday I'll start with Oblivion.

Don't forget there's the cross valley path from by the sky ride in forbidden valley over to dark forestry... I tend to use this every time. I'm a bit gutted about the ERT lineup as it messes up how I work around the park without ERT so I feel like I an losing out not using ERT but looked how I start at sonic spin ball, then across to dark forest, and then across the valley to nemesis and air, which I have gotten all 5 done in less than an hour pretty easy with minimal queues experienced even on a pretty busy day! And then I just work my way past gloomy wood into mutiny bay, then up to cloud cuckoo land, and finish in X sector and then maybe another cheeky go on sonic :-)

how busy do you guys reckon it will be on the 22nd october 2014, it will be during scarefest I think, thanks ?

Pretty quite, those first few mid week days usually. Certainly not busier than an average weekend and you get the extra hours too.

• 1 month later...

Planning to visit next week either tuesday, wednesday or thursday, and have realised this week now is probably when everyone breaks up, and have never been to alton towers after the beginning of july (well after soptember again aha) let alone in the summer holidays. So just wondering if anyone knows from past years generally how busy the first week of summer holidays has been? cheers.

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...