Alton Towers - How Busy Will It Be?

mah boi

Either side of that day is much quieter and you'll enjoy it more. Friday is the best, if you can make that.

I can't do Friday I'm afraid but could do the Sunday? The other option is going in the week before most schools break up for half term. Do you think the Sunday or the days in the week before most schools break up will be quieter?

Hi Fred - schools aren't off on 22nd Oct are they? :)

Most schools aren't off that week :)

I've just found out that this week is a scarefest as this is when I am now planning on going- does this mean it is likely to be really busy, busier than the fireworks or do you think it would be quieter?

I really want to go to scarefest this year and although I know fright nights will be better I really want to try out the sanctuary!

First week of Scarefest is dead midweek, that is always my favourite time to go and I do so every year!. All Sacrefest weekends get quite busy though, and one of them usually has a slightly different atmosphere thanks to our travelling friends.

Thanks for the advice! Will visit then- can't wait :D

I'm off to Alton Towers on the 2nd & 3rd of September. Am I right in thinking that most schools go back on and around these dates? So, I'm hoping for a relatively quiet trip? :)

My school goes back on the 4th, but then saying that I don't live anywhere near the towers. However, a lot of my friends are going back on the 2nd so I would probably expect a relatively quiet trip but it might be busyish. Not too sure though. Hope this helps :)

Thanks TPJames :) We're travelling all the way from Portsmouth for our 2 day trip, so hoping it's relatively quiet and we don't have to worry about queues! Hahaha!

Good luck mate! Doubt it will be busy! As far as I know most of my friends(who aren't at my school) go back on the 2nd anyway so fingers crossed for you mate!

Good luck :D

I'm planning to go to Alton on Saturday 12th and Sunday 13th October.

It's the weekend before Scarefest so I shouldn't think it would be too busy?

We're travelling from Brighton so don't really want to travel all that way if it's going to be really heaving!

I've never been to AT on a weekend before as I live really far away. But judging from how busy thorpe is on a weekend I would say not too busy. The Saturday could be fairly busy but I doubt the Sunday will be. I would say probably max 60 for the rides(maybe more for the smiler as that is very popular at the moment). Sorry if this is incorrect information, I am just judging from how busy chessington and thorpe generally are on weekends. Hope this helps though. :)

Going this Friday. I am so happy to go again, I've only been once before. Was wondering if it was worth buying fast passes in advance or waiting until we got there.

Also, Being a Merlin pass holder, I was wondering if when I booked tickets for my mate (using the family and friends passholder perk) would he get ERT too?