Time Voyagers

ThorpeFanatic

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can you ask what the story is like and then say no spoilers?Its an animated 8 minute long film with a robot who basically takes you on a tour round some place that I take it is abandoned or something and you get the usual bug attack things and the usual stuff.It really isn't anything special.Half of the film you cant focus properly to make it 3D, stuff seemed a bit fuzzy and the sound quality of the talking was crap, and you couldn't even follow what they were saying from lips cos its a robot thing.

• 4 months later...
:( "Interestingyness"Looks like Pirates 4D went across the pond, state-side. I don't know how I came across it, but I pasted it below. for source-ness, I found it here. clicky.(it's 11 paragraphs up from the bottom of the page)SeaWorld San Diego Located on Mission Bay, this 150-acre park features five major shows and dozens of exhibits containing marine life from around the globe, including Wild Arctic, Penguin Encounter, Shark Encounter, and Manatee Rescue. SeaWorld San Diego’s newest attraction, ‘‘Pirates 4-D,’’ is a humorous tale of a hapless crew and its wacky captain; the film stars actors Leslie Nielsen and Eric Idle. More than a movie, ‘‘Pirates 4-D’’ introduces a fourth dimension to the traditional cinematic experience, using special effects to produce sprays of water, blasts of air and other wild surprises.SeaWorld San Diego’s newest show, Cirque de la Mer opens in May. Cirque de la Mer takes guests on a journey....I didn't know they had anything going in America, other than the billions of Madame Tussauds' going up everywhere. Why would they sell it to America? I thought it was gonna end up at Alton, or do a swap with Gardaland. Am I being stupid?Ta

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Time voyagers will probably last another 2 years at tops before thorpe get rid of it all together because it only really appeals to the younger audience I feel plus much like honey I shrunk the audience you can tell the technology is very dated and there is great potential for something new in there. also why dont they use that courtyard out side the building to hold guests e.g a queue?

I'm quite surprised they didn't put a show like this in Mutiny Bay and show Pirates 4D at Alton Towers, like you say a great place for tired feet.I think it is nice to have an attraction like this at Thorpe Park and although not great the general public seem to like it. I took a friend into it last week, it was 3/4 full and most people actually clapped when it finished.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I recently took a trip to Madame Tussauds, and the new Marvel 4D Superheroes Film is absolutely incredible.If something like this was installed where Time Voyagers is now, you would have an awesome attraction. Obviously the planetarium dome cant go there, but most certainly the new style seats can. ;)Thorpe should take a leaf out of Tussauds book. ;)

• 6 months later...