Roller Disco Nights - New for 2013

Marc

Thorpe park have released some details on some new Roller disco nights in 2013.

From their site:

Time: 8pm – 11pm
Early bird tickets - £5

Get your skates on, dress up and head to THORPE PARK’s themed Roller Disco nights from 24th - 28th May! The gates open at 6.30pm so grab a bite to eat before the party starts at 8pm, with live DJs, awesome give-aways and prizes for the best fancy dress!

24th May – School Disco - dig out your school uniform and dance to the best of the 90s and noughties

25th May – Club Floor Fillers - Saturday night with a twist with some of the best club bangers around

26th May - Back to the 80’s - grab your leg warmers and ra-ra skirt and attempt the running man in skates!

27th & 28th May – Retro Nights - all your favourites, soul tunes and club classics playing throughout the night

Seems pretty good. Also looks like it's during the weekend as Half Term starts? Definitely has a wide scope of appeal and seems like the sort of thing the park should be doing to attract as many people as possible and make money for them. Shame I'm at uni during those dates; would really like the try it out!

Just out of curosity, does anyone know if these events (and other evening events in the Dome) are included if you stay in The Crash Pad during those nights? Would be a bit awakward really if it wasn't...

what fun!

especially the school disco night- think that's a fab idea

I'll admit the first time I read this thread I thought... ah, people are just gonna sit on the rollercoasters- and they dance around on their... well, what ever they use to power them- fuel probably

I could just see myself sitting on vortex, as it moves around and I look at the flashing lights all around me lol

The roller disco near me (Southends 'Roller City') shut in about 1993, but I have so many happy memories from that place. Wish it would return. They used to do crazy games where you'd have to lay on the floor and jump over each other and big violent games of roller bulldog, not sure they'd get away with that sort of thing any more!

I really like this for Thorpe, think it could work as a nightly thing for crashpadders. Good organised chaos type fun.

This is good. Really good.

Its not just about a fun event to me. Its about creating a broad appeal to hotel guests. Its about proving they know how to provide evening entertainment and making overnight stays worthwhile.

They're already doing a better job than AT and they haven't even got a real hotel yet. The future looks bright if they end up with their full hotel a few years down the line.

God there was a rollerdisco every saturday night in the sports hall at the leisure centre I worked at. It was the most horrendous job ever dealing with all the kids that fell over every week and parents screaming 'STOP THE MUSIC HE'S BROKEN HIS ARM!' when they clearly haven't.

Not missed.