Places To Eat

hi.

so when you all go to chessington where do you eat?. and what do you think of the prices and the quality of the food (I'm gonna get a mod to do 1 of these threads for thorpe!)

personally, I love eating at the chicken place in the forbidden kingdom- it's so tasty... I love that kind of chicken

I also eat at burger king sometimes- though I strongly dissagree with chessington getting rid of mcdonalds.. I do prefer that

I used to eat in the Burger King, mainly because of the trippy décor in the restaurant I must admit. But now I hear the in-house burgers are rank I think I'll just move from junk food vendor to junk food vendor. I mean I never really feel like eating a big meal anyway and it's a special day, so eating donuts and ice-cream seems like a better plan then paying for a nasty burger.

I went to fried chicken co for the first time a couple of weeks back and thought it was really very good. Big lumps of moist chicken, decent chips, good price and the cute server was quite flirty with me (something that doesn't happen often ever any more!). So I'd try that.

I think in terms of the main Transylvanian eatery, I could argue it has been going down hill in both quality and experience since each renovation.

Black Chateau/ 1st generation,(1987-1997) know little about this place but I know it had lots of decent theming inside and on the face as well as a music animatronic.

McDonald's/ 2nd generation (1997-2007), introduction of the count cauldron facade when there is already a castle in the area and removal of the organist inside too.

Burger King 3rd generation, (2008-2012), not much changes apart from signage but prefer McDonald's.

Burger Kitchen 4th generation (2013-present), castle facade is replaced with a simpler one although with some odd colours. Creepy theming is toned down inside and the awesome count chairs replaced by more bland common chairs and tables, the food is also much worse than Burger King and McDonald's.

Yes, Pizza Hut at TP is over priced (No discount), too busy and one of the worst atmospheres I have ever experienced. BK@ Thorpe the staff are so useless, every time we go in they are slow and ALWAYS get the order wrong. How burger chips and a coke can in BK can be a difficult order to fulfil is beyond me. Also look a the signs "We don't accept any voucher or take part in any promotions" but they are happy to charge a premium price for an inferior product. At least with the Merlin attractions you get your discount and the food isn't bad. But that's my opinion.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...