Sea Life Centre Manchester

stretchy

Today the Some friends and I went to the Merlin Annual Pass Preview Day at The Trafford Centre, Manchester. I have done an annotated picture review of it. The photos arent as good as my usual photos. My camera is rubbish inside.

The Sea Life itself is in a section of the Trafford Park.

P1060350.JPG

It is pretty well hidden. It was only when I moved closer I noticed it.

P1060351.JPG

Inside you are greeted and pay your entrance, get your photo. Then you go into 'The Turtle Experience'.

P1060353.JPG

Inside you are greeted by the above lady who explains to you all about turtles, starting with that they have been around since before Dino's existed.

P1060355.JPG

They use projection mapping on the floor to show you a turtle. It is extremely effective.

P1060356.JPG

especially when the baby turtles hatch. The whole show takes only about 5 minutes but is an excellent start for the centre. I really enjoyed it.

P1060361.JPG

You exit this via walking through the sea (not sure why but this is the way it is and enter this amazing room. The fish are racing around the room like lights from a ballroom mirror ball. This photo is a panorama shot and is nearly 360 degrees.

SeaLIfePano.JPG

The rest of the sea life is pretty much a normal sea life centre. There are some cool bits like this kids mini tunnel.

P1060390.JPG

Which is just before the main tunnel, which is curved.

P1060391.JPG

There was also this ultra cool tank which had the happiest looking stingrays in it. They seemed to be playing tag one leading the 4 of them and then another, always weaving in and out of the other fish.

P1060411.JPG

And as with all Merlin attractions, you exit into a shop.

P1060443.JPG

So my overall verdict.

What was there was excellent. There was only 1 tank that wasn't populated. The theming is excellent and totally immersive, even though the roof looks a bit odd, but out of the 3 of us, I was the only person to notice the roof, your eyes are drawn to the fishes constantly. Unfortunately I wonder whether it is worth the cost. We took our time and did the whole thing in 45 minutes. I think it is comparable to the neighboring Lego Land and the joint tickets make both together a much more reasonable time. What they also do, that I think would be cool, is for £2.50 +vat they do a behind the scenes tour. They also do a "Walking With Fishies" where your stuffed into a dry suite with diving mask and you actually get into the main tank with the Sharks. This is far more expensive though.

Full link to the rest of my piccies

https://plus.google.com/photos/106418309379254557984/albums/5884532568043167297?authkey=CMaogd7p6en0bw