Universal Studios Florida

Mark9

Chocolate-1170x731.jpg

Assuming it will look like this, then wow! 

Chocolate-3-1-1170x731.jpg

Chocolate

Chocolate-7-1170x731.jpg

CHOCOLATE!

Plus chocolate bacon, Key Lime Pie shake and more! 

Chocolate-3.jpg

Steam punky. No idea on opening time with this, most likely towards the end of the year like NBC Grill, but if they can get it up by the summer then they've got a hefty amount to open in one go, marketing attack!

Kong is looking likely to be the 23rd June as that is when VIP tours etc have been blocked out. Gonna get busy! 

WGxgpcG.jpg

VB logo too. 

I am a bit confused with this investment. To me it sounds like the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory factory but not as good.

I find it really hard to like most of the recent investments. Volcanoe Bay will have a very low capacity and Kong's painting of the 'forest' in the background look terrible. It simply looks cheap and ruins the effect of the amazing rock work.

It's a market that CityWalk didn't yet cater too. Yeah, has similarities to CATCF but at heart it's just a Victorian chocolate place. I wouldn't really say CATCF is steampunk, just weird.

Volcano Bay is being worked on to be one of the best water parks in the world. They're calling it a water theme park and building a 200ft volcano structure for its core. Can't be worse than Wet'n'Wild. Plus, it is rumoured to not have queues. It will use a sophisticated R'n'R but designed with this in mind so it works.

Kong's paint work is odd. Guess it might look better in person, but this photo from a few days ago on OTPN shows it well.

12670406_1329232053760658_78949392044641

These investments shouldn't be the ones to question, I'm sure they'll be amazing. It's Fallon and Furious that I'd call dubious. 

Volcano Bay is being worked on to be one of the best water parks in the world. They're calling it a water theme park and building a 200ft volcano structure for its core. Can't be worse than Wet'n'Wild. Plus, it is rumoured to not have queues. It will use a sophisticated R'n'R but designed with this in mind so it works.

They were trailing this at Wet'n'Wild back in October when I was there, it's a good system. You wear an electric watch which displays how long you have until your next ride. To select a ride you just go up to one of the points around the park, scan you watch and choose one on a touchscreen display. Should be perfect by the time volcano bay opens :) 

Still, it's pretty impressive when you consider how large the building actually is. This'll probably be universal's best new ride outside of the Potter additions they've had for a while.

On that point, is the building/ track length really that long if it stays at the same size/ scale of the outdoor track.

I may be wrong here but how much track does that building fit?

The track itself hasn't been replaced however a new launch system has been rumoured since the day it was announced that Hulk was to undergo a major refurbishment.

This photo was taken yesterday with the cobra roll just one track section away from completion.

post-3337-0-39925700-1458290368_thumb.jp

Here is the progression of the cobra roll over 3 days: