Universal Studios Florida

Mark9

• 3 weeks later...

After seeing so many rumours floating around that maybe they'd scrapped the MCBR to make the second half faster (some rumours hey) it's back!

12924437_1715380032040941_59166750875168

12931209_1715380035374274_21962749102740

12916938_1715380028707608_33414718807281

I'm taking a liking to the black tunnel

12987115_1715380112040933_56106186722491

Queue is covered in scaffolding too, will be interesting to see what they do with that!

So Mako opens June 10th, and has just got it's lead car on the transfer track so tests are expected to follow soon. This will probably be more late June although they're speeding ahead because they know they need the capacity.

Kong is near ready for softs, like imminent with walls expected to come down in the next week. The truck issue is slowly being resolved so when it softs it will be able to run 3 out of 5 RVs. Better than Gringotts which ran 3 out of like 9. 

13000099_1716071815305096_78374323618162

And with about a year to go, VB is still rising high.

13006523_1716071728638438_42986864639554

And is a large site.

12991112_1716071968638414_52761912623548

Once all the infrastructure is in place, slides should fly up

image.jpg

Plus the rock theming for the volcano is ready sitting just 20 minutes up the road from the resort.

There is a reasonably interesting article over at gizmondo about the tech behind Universals screen based rides. Even though there was nothing there I didn't already know and it wasn't anywhere near detailed enough for me, it was still an enjoyable read whilst I just ate my lunch.

http://gizmodo.com/how-the-best-rides-at-universal-studios-work-1762505782

(Do hope I have the right Universal here) WWE are running a contest with Universal to promote Kong. http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2016/0405/609459/titus-oneil-returning-from-suspension-soon/

WWE WANTS TO SEND YOU ON A TRIP TO UNIVERSAL ORLANDO® RESORT WITH WWE SUPERSTAR TITUS O'NEIL AND HIS FAMILY!

You could win a trip to Universal Orlando® Resort, home of the world's two most jaw-dropping theme parks, where you'll attend the VIP Preview of the new ride Skull Island: Rein of Kong with WWE SuperstarTitus O'Neil and his family. You can also explore more of Harry Potter's world than ever before at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter™, swing high above the streets on The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man® and prepare for battle on Transformers: The Ride-3D. Plus, you'll stay in the heart of the excitement at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort and enjoy the best in restaurants, live music, movies, shopping and more at Universal CityWalk®. It's a universe of action, thrills, and excitement for every member of the family. Vacation Like You Mean It® at Universal Orlando® Resort.

You could win a 3-night trip for four to experience it all for yourself, including:

* Roundtrip airfare for 4 to Orlando, Florida

* 4-day/3-night on-site accommodations at Universal's Cabana Bay Beach Resort

* Ground transportation between airport and hotel in Orlando

* Admission to both Universal Studios Florida® and Universal's Islands of Adventure® theme parks

* Tickets to Blue Man Group

* Admission to Wet 'n Wild® Orlando water park

* A "Meet & Greet" with Titus

* Attendance at the VIP Preview of Skull Island: Reign of KongSM

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

Well I think it's time to post this. 

As guests look to OU for more information regarding Kong they wonder if it'll be open during their visits. From May till June Kong will be in Soft Opening. 

Soft Opening is like a final release candidate test for the ride. All the major components are installed and operational. Some tweaks, changes, and updates will occur prior to grand opening. 

Also Soft Opening is not a guarantee the ride will be opening. Kong might only open for a period of time, all day, or not at all depending on any issues or changes. 

To know if Kong is soft opening for the day please follow @orlando_united on Twitter (also good is @parkscope and @touringplans).

Good luck and let the odds be in your favor.

http://forums.orlandounited.com/threads/skull-island-reign-of-kong-no-spoilers-thread.9476/page-278#post-454577

Comcast are apparently in talks to buy Dreamworks Animation for 3 billion dollars. With a 3rd park in the works, this would open up a world of family orientated possibilities! Plus the Nintendo link, whole deal with Illumination and reworking of Suess IP's the family section of Universal's parks (which are admittedly lacking) could well be on the rise in the coming years.

So Kong's target date for soft openings set by Universal Creative was yesterday. TM's are riding the ride, it is getting mixed reviews as apparently certain elements aren't working as expected, as in giving the effect wanted, not that they're broken. It's still regularly testing though, and according to @Bioreconstruct on Twitter, Kong roaring can be heard from Hollywood Way which is where the picture is taken:

ChP8C11WkAEmFS1.jpg

Hulks tunnel under the bridge into MSHI is being put back in place

ChP_In3U4AAnD31.jpg

We must be near to testing happening on this, apparently TM's are in the process of being filtered back to Hulk, doesn't mean we're near opening but testing definitely! 

Meanwhile, Comcast did buy Dreamworks for $3.8 billion. Reports from NBC are already saying about putting Kung Fu Panda in Beijing for when that opens and the possibilities are huge. Seriously hoping for a Mack coaster like Arthur themed to HTTYD like Motiongate is getting.

Forbidden Journey is the only thing I can think of that would be stuck upside down... Which is plausible given the range of motion by the KUKA arms...

At the same time though, could be rubbish... 2 years ago this happened? You'd probably get suing quicker than that...

The guy who runs Mako Madness has only just landed back in Florida after travelling the past week or two. He's doing an update at Uni today and a Mako one tomorrow with a tour from inside the station!

Last I saw they were finishing up the tunnel under the pathway. Depends how much work they still have left to do in the launch tunnel but probably by the end of the month, especially with cars on site. If they can't have this open for when Kong does, they'll want it too at least look ready from most pathways and only have a few construction walls up.