Universal Studios Florida

Mark9

On Friday, June 10, 2016 at 7:59 AM, Mark9 said:

Do they not know how to run a theme park? Jesus christ.

I'm fairness,  a queue line jump scare is not integral to the ride experience. An outright all year scare maze, or an end of ride scare maze finalé because the main ride is a failure kind of is.

Thank this looks great, even if it doesn't amount to that much more than the Kong tramline stop. They need to find a way to deal with these screen base limitations though, get it all encompassing somehow. 

4 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafte said:

Welcome to SCREENiversal Studios Florida. Home to screens, water effects and 3D glasses. Sorry but this is true with EVERY universal investment it seems.

Also Kong animatronic looks bad. Does nothing expect move arms. Expected it to have more stage presence and move a lot more!

The screens on this ride are perfect, they blend in brilliantly with the physical sets. Yes the 360 dome looks bad on video, but when riding it's a great effect. And I'm sorry but I'm not sure what you're on about with the Kong animatronic, the face moves, the head moves, the eyes move, the nostrils mouth, the mouth moves, his breath smells and he makes sound. 

7 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafte said:

Welcome to SCREENiversal Studios Florida. Home to screens, water effects and 3D glasses. Sorry but this is true with EVERY universal investment it seems.

Also Kong animatronic looks bad. Does nothing expect move arms. Expected it to have more stage presence and move a lot more!

Kong animatronic... Bad??? It is incredible up close and in person. The expressions it creates are amazing, no POV will do that justice. It doesn't move much due to the storyline, it's noises (and the smells it gives off) are a nice too. 

After seeing the original Kong animatronic it simply looks not effective. I don't mind using some screens but when universal simply uses them in EVERY single ride it is rather frustrating. Losing practical rides with REAL things like Jaws, disaster and twister make me annoyed, especially when they are replaced by screen based attractions!

12 hours ago, pluk said:

I'm fairness,  a queue line jump scare is not integral to the ride experience. An outright all year scare maze, or an end of ride scare maze finalé because the main ride is a failure kind of is.

I definitely wasn't serious and I was definitely paying homage to another TPM member.

17 hours ago, ThemeParkCrafte said:

After seeing the original Kong animatronic it simply looks not effective. I don't mind using some screens but when universal simply uses them in EVERY single ride it is rather frustrating. Losing practical rides with REAL things like Jaws, disaster and twister make me annoyed, especially when they are replaced by screen based attractions!

"Yeah I haven't actually been on the ride but I'm going to argue about its quality with people who have".

Watching an unofficial POV of almost any dark ride is doing it a disservice.

1 minute ago, ThemeParkCrafte said:

No. Seriously looks like a better thought through attraction. Kong is overated already

Says the person that has never been on the new ride, seriously I dont think you can make that sort of claim if you haven't ridden it...

1 minute ago, ThemeParkCrafte said:

How can you assume I have yet to ride? The trackless aspect has been wasted with it only looking good outside.

Sorry but this is my opinion.

Well seeming the fact you said frozen was better when that doesnt open for another 2 weeks and a pov doesn't actually exist for the thing that is why I am having a hard time believing you...

Frozen is a last minute thought up ride using an old ride system just to be able to have a frozen ride. Frozen is going to have screens as well. 

Kong has been given an immersive queue, facade and ride system. The trackless isn't wasted, it's not meant to be admired by people watching the ride. It is just a new system Universal wanted to create with Oceaneering. People can have their opinions, fine. But let's not judge a dark ride which is a multi angle experience from a dark POV. Or the promo images of frozen as that's all they are. And aren't those 7DMT animatronics just a skeleton with the face projected on? So technically an animatronic with a screen. 

SCREENZZZ. 

But it's cool, you can queue 3 hoursfor Frozen because it hasn't been thought through at all or probably at tops 90 mins for Kong as they've considered everything.