Universal Studios Florida

Mark9

If you've been to universal and find it overrated then that's fine, if you haven't then you can't really judge the parks.

Same with Kong, you're judging a dark ride that heavily relies on atmosphere which can only be achieved in you being there through a YouTube POV. Opinions are fine, but to say it is something when you haven't been on it but others have doesn't hold much ground. The only negative things I've read are that somedays things are being bypassed but it isn't fully open yet and that happens  during softs.

8 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafte said:

Still doesn't justify what people say on dbgt forum

So challenge people on that topic and create discussion.  No sense using the DGBT topic to explain why you're critically reviewing a ride you haven't been on.

9 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafte said:

Still doesn't justify what people say on dbgt forum

Well, having an opinion on something that you have actually seen in the flesh is very different to having an opinion on something that you've never seen before. 

I cant stress how important wording is on forums. For example, you said 'Universal is overrated' as opposed to 'Universal seems/looks overrated.' The latter clearly explains that it is based on POVs/ images/reviews rather than personal experience.

1 hour ago, Tom said:

I have messaged you and anyone else involved

Any messages which do not constructively add to the discussion will be deleted.

I feel left out :(

Ryan, I would say Kong is screen heavy because that is the predominant feature of the ride (especially the 360 degree one)... 3 separate rooms I read for screen based action? With 2 animatronic rooms and then the outdoor section? Overall balanced on paper but the majority of the attraction does seem to take place in a screen room...

Just now, Benin said:

I feel left out :(

Ryan, I would say Kong is screen heavy because that is the predominant feature of the ride (especially the 360 degree one)... 3 separate rooms I read for screen based action? With 2 animatronic rooms and then the outdoor section? Overall balanced on paper but the majority of the attraction does seem to take place in a screen room...

The screen scenes have animatronics on one side and screens (which are blended into the physical set) on the other. The 360 room is fully screen obviously but then I feel that's counteracted by the large Kong animatronic scene after it.

I'm confused as to how anyone watching that pov video thinks it looks awful? Even in the LQ video the screens look like they blend in really well and the interaction between people on the screen and the ride car (e.g when kong climbs over it to the other side) looks really well done :o

The only thing that looks fake on the animatronic is the eyes but even that's being picky

It's almost like we aren't watching the same video.. Big difference in opinions I guess

I used to have the whole screen based attractions are destroying the dark ride industry but after riding an immersive tunnel in Belgium it blew me away so I for one is very pleased with how screens are being used for new and creative ways. I can not wait to visit Universal Orlando/ Islands of Adventure in 2018.

A new booth has been set up somewhere on site to promote Volcano Bay which features this cool element,

And this artwork which doesn't seem as amazing as Uni is promising with this waterpark. The volcano is going to look stunning, and there are a few slides in there that could have some great effects. Two lazy rivers, the thinner one to the left being more action and the larger one on the right being more lazy. The slide towers that we've already seen and lots of tiki huts. Although this does seem like a graphic they'd use for the maps which aren't great (apparently Kongs one is just a truck on a piece of road and some trees). So will be interesting to see how this turns out. You can also see the two new towers for Cabana Bay which are going to have great views of the park! 

And some slide pieces were damaged last week in a fire costing 2-3 million dollars apparently. So, spare change for Comcast! 

Today seems like a day of announcements for Universal, what with DM announce to be replacing BTTF at USJ and an announcement at USH at 7:30am there time (so in an hour or so) most likely to be SLoPs.

Also talks that next month at the 2nd quarter earnings call Comcast will talk about the third park in some way and more announcements rumoured before the year is up.

ClcK8XJWgAA4bWq.jpg

Also just going to leave these here.

ClcLeSOWYAkoRum.jpg

HHNLegacy on Twitter.