Alton Towers Events

AJ

As I personally think these individual events at our favourite theme parks don't get enough attention or discussion (as its not all about the rides) I thought I would create this to put all these mini events held throughout the year in one place rather than loads if mini topics that disappear into Oblivion (Scuse the pun)

The next event at Alton Towers is ALton Towers live which has quite a lot of artists for a theme park standard and the concert is 8 hours long :o - I myself am really looking forward to it. The artists don't get me wrong are not outstanding but they are a lot of the current artists we hear in the charts nowadays. And hope that more of these come in the future. What are your thoughts an who is attending?

As I personally think these individual events at our favourite theme parks don't get enough attention or discussion (as its not all about the rides) I thought I would create this to put all these mini events held throughout the year in one place rather than loads if mini topics that disappear into Oblivion (Scuse the pun)

The next event at Alton Towers is ALton Towers live which has quite a lot of artists for a theme park standard and the concert is 8 hours long :o - I myself am really looking forward to it. The artists don't get me wrong are not outstanding but they are a lot of the current artists we hear in the charts nowadays. And hope that more of these come in the future. What are your thoughts an who is attending?

In my younger and more vunerable years I went to some event at Thorpe Park with Razorlight playing. We stood around for about an hour and a half at the front of the fence in front of the stage (it was in the middle of Colossus' final helix), then some producers came out, picked a load of attractive girls and let them in the area in front of us which was higher, so I saw absolutely nothing. Oh, and Razorlight were, of course, rubbish. And they kept queuejumping in front of me on all the rides! So I think these events are rubbish!

But seriously, these are really not for me at all. If I had even the remotest interest in an artist playing I wouldn't want to see them at a theme park, if I wasn't interested in the artists why would I bother going to the park on that day when it will be busier?

• 3 weeks later...

With these events though - and I will use a concert as an example. With an annual pass discount the cost of the concert for what your getting us a margin less than what you would pay at a normal venue. I understand points made that if you wanted to see an artist you won't see them at a theme park but the theme park concerts have a smaller amount of people than you would have at a venue and its more of a personalised/ intimate feel in my opinion. Plus at Alton towers discount on your drink to make it standard pub price to the typical concert venue prices makes up for it greatly, I assure you when you are getting in the party spirit!

In response to Pluk - yes the theme park is more crowded but these events I come for the event/ concert - not the rides - they are just a bonus. Today I feel I've done pretty well in the 3 hours it was open before the concert - 13/ smiler x 3/ rapids/ duel/ oblivion - that's a big bonus in my eyes from my point previously covered.

Will try and do a little report of the event today later but so far it seems to be a great success.

To the point traffic is an hour and a half to get onto the resort with traffic goin back all the way to stoke!

Weather is helping the mood I'm sure :P

Whilst I wasn't at the concert, on Saturday, I was on park to endure the longest queues of the season so far (I think). and I did take some photos, mainly from behind the stage area.

firstly the stage area from ths skyride, Blurriness is due to the sky ride glass.
P1070319.JPG
The humongous queue
P1070324.JPG
Somebody famous I assume
P1070329.JPG
Nice bike
P1070236.JPG
Cool boxes (this is what the famous people arrive in. some assembly is required allegedly.
P1070239.JPG
Some screaming fans that were allowed back stage were extremely disappointed when they realised Motorhead weren't playing.
P1070242.JPG
Testing Testing 1 2 3
P1070252.JPG
Roadies for Drizzle Di**s could actually play.. ... .. at least 2 notes anyway.
P1070255.JPG
Famos people still being interviewed
P1070330.JPG
some of the entourage for the famous people (or maybe these are famous people too) (I was really jealous of the black dudes huge....... .... .... {answers on a postcard}
P1070354.JPG
Some free range famous people
P1070390.JPG
More free range famous people
P1070400.JPG
Reason why free range people were leaving the Smiler was that Lee was evacuating the ride
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-SZyYk_bpHq4/Udh4MpH2MOI/AAAAAAAAJAc/c9mk0HuObkg/w1396-h1047-no/P1070381.JPG
Odly enough the crowd looked really small from the stage side, well its understandable, have you watched X factor? No nor me.
P1070425.JPG
Huge queue now cleared leaving a swath of excess litter. My one real criticism was the slowness to get this cleaned. This image was taken over an hour after the queue had cleared.
P1070435.JPG
Maybe famous people, I started loosing interest in asking who was and wasn't famous near this time.
P1070456.JPG
Maybe famous?
P1070459.JPG
One of them didd take his shirt off so must be famous.
P1070477.JPG
Waving famous people.
P1070501.JPG
Bloke at back realises he should be waving. He needs work on his being famous skills.
P1070505.JPG
Real instruments being removed from the stage when they realised they weren't needed for backing tapes (oh and those famous people again)
P1070521.JPG
The new park entrance was being guarded by Shaun
P1070549.JPG
Is this guy famous? He had a camera to record his ride.
P1070561.JPG
Some famous people that we turfed off the Smiler. Allegedly that is Drizzle **cks (who had just been ordered to remove his R hat) and Onion J.. All I am going to say is all these B***dy Que Jumpers need evicting from the park.
IMG_2600.JPG
This guy is so famous that have to keep him famous.
P1070656.JPG
Urm not sure what these guys were doing but people with that expression are normally on their knees. Maybe they were practising.
P1070637.JPG
More famous people.
P1070698.JPG
Crowds still look smallish from this side
P1070695.JPG
And I will leave you with a picture of the most famous beings I saw. The Ducks, These were so famous they were surrounded by sparkling lights.
P1070714.JPG