So we all knew this was coming..

Mark9

We all knew this was coming..  

92 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best rollercoaster at Alton Towers?

Quite inevitably, here is the ultra super, duper, amazingly cool poll and the choice is simple. What is your favourite (so in other words, the best) rollercoaster at Alton Towers.

Make your choice and then you can discuss it if you wish or not. Or whatever. I chose Nemesis because its just pure relentlessness from start to about 2 seconds after the vertical loop. But you may choose differently. And below are some pictures of those rides, just in case you've forgotten what they look like.

Edit - I totally forgot Rita. :lol:

7861_10152889016930427_382254203_n.jpg

The Smiler - The Worlds first rollercoaster with three different opening dates.

180336_10150379783740427_7812544_n.jpg

Air - So technologically advanced it got superseded by two other flyers a few weeks later.

167981_10150379784120427_1455496_n.jpg

Oblivion - Officially not Sheikra or Griffon

168767_10150379784050427_900002_n.jpg

Nemesis - 20 seasons old and not rubbish.

Vote now. :)

Edited by Mark9
Forgot Rita in the poll..

Nemesis by a mile. Still the best coaster I've ridden, it is outrageously forceful. The first drop were you pick up speed from seemingly nowhere, all the inversions, th way it interacts with the landscape. It is unlikely to ever be bettered.

Smiler is a great ride but it lacks the love and detail in its placement and is not a world clad experience overall.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Smiler was bottom of my list. I only rode it once and it was dire. More head bangy than Colossus. The transitions were tight and there's nothing else Besides inversion after inversion!

Completely agreed. My head hurt afterwards and I didn't get any buzz of excitement whilst or after riding it. Some of the inversions would have been good if you had time between each one to think about it!