Liseberg

EC!

We're spending four days out there, two days for Liseberg (I'm betting Helix is worth the two days at the park) and the other two days are for cultural stuff. I doubt you'd need more then four days in Gothenburg itself.

I'm doing the same.

Grona Lund doesn't really appeal when one of its biggest coasters is a ZacSpin and I can't really find anything amazing to do in Gothenburg.

Grona Lund is a lovely (if cramped) park, and I found Twister (super-twisty Gravity Group woodie), Kvasten (surprisingly-enjoyable Vekoma family suspended) and Zacspin (a bigger 32m Intamin Zacspin) all worth riding. It also has a rough Schwarzkopf and one of the best ghost trains I've been on in Tuff-Tuff Tåget!

Whether it's worth the 470km journey over from Gothenburg though is debatable...

Can get a plane from any London based airport straight to Gothenburg...

Then public transport it to the park in the middle of the city...

Job's a good'un, much easier access than Towers... Probably takes about the same time too (assuming plane leaves at the same time as train from Euston to Stoke)...

EDIT - As some pics to entice people to make the effort, go abroad, experience other parks, etc

guidad_tur_helix_140212_5_35.jpg

guidad_tur_helix_140212_6_35.jpg

guidad_tur_helix_140212_7_35.jpg

guidad_tur_helix_140212_8_35.jpg