Liseberg

EC!

Drayton, then they can have an actually good coaster that isn't aimed at kids?

Mingoland don't deserve one, Lightwater can't afford one, Blackpool lack the space...

Very limited in terms of what parks should have one, of course the real dream is that Towers remove Rita and put a Mack Mega in place that ventures down the valley...

Drayton, then they can have an actually good coaster that isn't aimed at kids?

Mingoland don't deserve one, Lightwater can't afford one, Blackpool lack the space...

Very limited in terms of what parks should have one, of course the real dream is that Towers remove Rita and put a Mack Mega in place that ventures down the valley...

I thought Ben-10 may appeal to you?

I do think that there may be some listed protection of the valley at Alton Towers due to it's historic origins.

Ben 10 is the best coaster at Drayton...

In overall terms though, that's not a good thing...

I actually like Shockwave and G Force!  Two fun coasters and I don't see why they get so much stick just because they aren't the absolute best?

BPB could fit in a Mack Mega in their usual fashion (weaving in and out of the other coasters) but they don't have the money.  

Drayton should get a woodie!

Acceptable throughput? I've never seen a time that the train is not stacked on the brake run! It can't get much more than 400pph.

There were a few times when I was there at the fireworks last year but to be honest the queue never got beyond the end of the station on that day (even though it was busy).

I actually like Shockwave and G Force!  Two fun coasters and I don't see why they get so much stick just because they aren't the absolute best?

Whilst such a conversation is best set out in the Drayton topic, they get stick because they're both uncomfortable, boring (Shockwave mostly here, especially with it's RCT straight) and are just generally poor...

I hate all Stand-up coasters though, and being able to breathe mid-ride... Neither are real options with those two...

• 2 weeks later...

Just announced Liseberg are getting a Zierer Starshape like Danter's Air and Bling!

Liseberg presents Mechanica

Liseberg continues to invest in exceptional ride experiences. In spring 2015 the amusement park will open Mechanica, a powerful, high-speed attraction that spins riders through 360 degrees – 30 metres up in the air.

Mechanica is an attraction that will challenge even the most daring. The ride can best be described as flying at high speed in a pendulum motion while gradually spinning round on two axes through 360 degrees.

Mechanica will be five metres taller than SpinRock, will swing 60 degrees more than Uppswinget and its seats will be free to rotate through 360 degrees, like the old TopSpin ride. Put simply, Mechanica has taken the best of all the scariest rides and added special toppings of everything.

“We know that many of our guests want more attractions of this type. The attraction we have chosen is also one of the very best available in its class,” says Andreas Andersen, CEO of Liseberg.

Mechanica will undoubtedly be one of the most impressive attractions in the park in terms of ride experience and concept.

“We want to offer our guests something that goes beyond the 90 seconds of the ride itself,” explains Andreas Andersen. “Through a combination of unique design, carefully selected music and inspiration draw from eighteenth-century Gothenburg we are aiming to create an all-round experience. It will be a strange machine that mixes contemporary and historical elements, like something straight out of a fairy tale.”

Its wide range of attractions makes Liseberg one of the best amusement parks in Europe for thrill seekers. The selection includes some of the top roller coasters in Europe, including Helix, Lisebergbanan and Balder. The arrival of Mechanica will bring the number of attractions up to 42.

“There are not many parks in Europe that can compete with Liseberg in terms of ride experiences. Mechanica will push us even further up the rankings in the high-adrenalin ride category. But while we have these really challenging attractions we also have Rabbit Land for families with young children. Liseberg has something for everyone,” says Andreas Andersen.

Liseberg – and Mechanica – will open for the summer season on 25 April 2015.

Mechanica facts:
Investment: SEK 30 million
Height: around 30 metres
Ride time: around 90 seconds
Number of riders: 30 (6 gondolas with 5 seats each)
Capacity: 600 people per hour
Minimum height: 140 cm
Attraction type: Star Shape
Manufacturer: Zierer Karussell- und Spezialmaschinenbau GmbH

http://liseberg.se/sv/hem/Nojesparken/Attraktioner/Mechanica/

Mech2_484.jpg

Mech1_484.jpg

This honestly has a better release trailer then Helix did imo!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

The ride will be called Aerospin, which is a bit like Skyforce at BPB but will be located on a raising tower instead of a rotating axis.

Full details are here http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/liseberg/pressreleases/this-year-s-new-attraction-at-liseberg-test-your-wings-on-aerospin-1320931?utm_campaign=mm_email_notification&utm_medium=email&utm_source=sendgrid

They're also opening a new carousel, restaurant and a new garden on some disused park area too.

Apparently the park have ripped out the old wheel and two S&S towers too.

• 3 weeks later...

https://www.facebook.com/liseberg.se/videos/1236358699727027/

So, Liseberg have now released a new video showing the construction of their new Aero spin ride.

Certainly looks impressive on the park's skyline to say the least.

I'm guessing it's located where the 1st drop tower was with the Caroulsel replacing the old wheel. Whilst the space of the 2nd one hasn't been occupied yet.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...