Liseberg

EC!

Removing Kanonen won't be a big loss really, considering it feels very redundant with Helix swooshing around the other side of the park.

Despite packing a good punch despite it's tiny footprint, it was certainly the weakest coaster there and I'm sure would do wonders for a smaller park.

Absolutely loving the sound of this new themed area, and it's great to see the park incorporate more immersive areas and experiences. Always thought the Balder section of the park felt a bit dry in atmosphere.

12 hours ago, Mark9 said:

I'm not sure I completely agree here. Helix is a great ride but (hiding from the pitch-forks and rotten veg), as a ride experience I think the Smiler is superior; although I will concede thats a minority opinion. In fact, I'd go and say that Thirteen and The Swarm are top quality rides as well with enjoyment levels just as high as Helix.

Of course, the ride experience is always down to personal opinion.  With that said, I'm fairly sure Helix was a more expensive investment, and in terms of quality of product probably a better investment than The Smiler.

I can't compare The Swarm or Thirteen to Helix however I don't rate either of those very highly; but again, this all comes down to personal opinion.

14 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Thanks for taking a thread about a Swedish theme park and making it all about Merlin.

Mentioning Merlin = making it all about Merlin then I suppose. 

14 hours ago, Mark9 said:

You don't realise how spoilt that sounds do you? 

Spoilt because I echoed complaints from plenty of other people about roller coasters... alright then...

• 2 months later...

This topic has become too  Merlinated. Time to change that! 

301116lis1.jpg

301116lis4.jpg

301116lis2.jpg

301116lis3.jpg

301116lis7.jpg

301116lis5.jpg

Liseberg plan to build a massive hotel and indoor water park. The hotel will feature over 450 rooms with two restaurants whilst the water park will feature ten slides and a capacity of 2800. 

Impressive to say say the least with an estimated opening of 2021 if approved. 

Source-Loopings

• 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, BaronC. said:

The views from the top will be pretty fab.

Also liking the wingrider-esque inversion at the end.  Aside from that, looks like a pretty standard dive machine. 

Its good to see that final inversion on the ride - it's the only thing thing that sets it apart from the other mini dive coasters. The layout would be very similar to Baron 1898 if it wasn't for that inversion. 

Here is is the layout for all those interested:

I do look forward to a dive coaster with a really unique layout though. why do they always start with an Immelmann?

Looks great and I think it will definitely fit in with the amazing lineup Liseberg currently already has.

here is a full image of the ride according to Loopings

130417zweden.jpg

According to the image, not only has the park removed Kanonen but also the Fairy Tale Castle dark ride, which apparently is to be demolished. The wave ride is said to be getting relocated too.

Whilst it was never anything great, part of me is actually a little sad it's been/getting demolished, maybe because the ride was nearly 50 years old and the park will have no dark rides. However there are rumours going about a new one opening in the coming years.

Liseberg really has been going through a lot of change in the last 3/4 years and it's amazing to see what they've done.

• 8 months later...

Has it really been 8 months since there was any worthwhile updates on this?  Wow..

It's a nice sandy gold colour, I like it.  Seen some people moan it's not as gold as concept art made it out, but meh, it looks fine to me.

26 minutes ago, Mark9 said:

FINALLY!

Europe needs brighter coasters. I'm sick of Black, White and Grey.

I saw this and thought to myself 'there hasn't been too many new coasters of that colour'.  Then realised I couldn't think of any examples from the last 4 years aside from Helix and Baron.  Blimey.  At least with this, Walibi Belgium's new thing, Fenix at Toverland and FLY in 2019 we're getting a nice brighter mix...

• 5 weeks later...
On 19/02/2014 at 8:58 PM, Coaster said:

That coaster looks amazing!

Something like that in BPB would be great IMO, snaking around the other coasters.

Called it! ;)

Incidentally I'm hoping to visit Liseberg this year, does anyone know if the park operates a staggered opening policy on the rides?

3 hours ago, Coaster said:

Called it! ;)

Incidentally I'm hoping to visit Liseberg this year, does anyone know if the park operates a staggered opening policy on the rides?

I visited the park twice last year and from memory, only two attractions opened a little later after all the others. These were AeroSpin and Spökhotellet Gasten at around 12pm onwards since most days the park opens at 11am, but almost everything is open right until the park closes, including lovely Helix.

The only area which shuts at dusk is Kaninlandet.