Liseberg

EC!

33 minutes ago, Benin said:

Pfft, those restraints are fine...

Fine is a strong word...

They are definitely subjective, I know people on both sides of the fence. For me personally, I don't like them as being crushed by rubber isn't a scene I'm into. Vests in general are crap but it still amazes me that the Vekoma ones are better and alot less painful. Why couldn't B&M stick to their tried and tested I'll never know.

26 minutes ago, Mega-Lite said:

Fine is a strong word...

They are definitely subjective, I know people on both sides of the fence. For me personally, I don't like them as being crushed by rubber isn't a scene I'm into. Vests in general are crap but it still amazes me that the Vekoma ones are better and alot less painful. Why couldn't B&M stick to their tried and tested I'll never know.

On the newer ones do the vests not lock but stay lose (like they are on Swarm just before it dispatches)

7 minutes ago, Marc said:

On the newer ones do the vests not lock but stay lose (like they are on Swarm just before it dispatches)

I believe I've only ever experienced the vests on Swarm, so unable to say, if you're right however that's a massive improvement. Still would love to know what processed B&M to switch up their OTSR set up, their old ones were great.

Allows them to do more things differently I guess, what with them originally coming in on Flying Coasters... Namely those long drawn out inlines seen on this and Banshee...

Swarm seems to be the worst for tightening, I don't recall anything like that on Raptor (Flug was just bouncing around too much to notice anything else)... I honestly cannot remember Oblivio having them or not...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In an article written last week, the park's CEO has said they're still experiencing problems with digging the tunnel for Valkyria's drop.  Apparently, they've only managed to dig 5 out of 8 metres down so far, with the clay-ground being the major issue.

The park still hope that the ride will be finished this summer, but they're saying 'it will open when it opens"...

Source - https://www.expressen.se/gt/lerkaos-hotar-lisebergs-rekordsatsning-I-sommar-/

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A tweet from Theme Park Worldwide shows that Helix now features seatbelts. Sadly not seatbelts that attach to the restraint like DC Rivals, but rather a completely separate seatbelt you strap on before lowering the main lapbar, much like Intamin prefabs and hypers. Or in more simple terms, f**ks sake...

https://twitter.com/ThemeParkWW/status/990254960867794946

As annoying as this may seem, it's worth pointing out that Balder also has the addition of seatbelts in every seat in addition to the lap bar, but it's still a superb woodie regardless and offers amazing airtime at the very back of the trains... ;) So I like to think this won't make much of a difference to the experience itself, though it will undoubtedly interfere with the queues and the speed they move.

Oh well, at least you'll be able to hear more of those 100 minutes of audio now, as well as having a greater chance of winning free Express Pass tickets for your next ride. :lol:

During my visit last year, staff were very happy to staple you in on Helix and Balder (though didn't bother to check bars on Lisebergbanan lol). Never recall hearing that in reviews before, so I wonder if it's just something people overlooked / didn't affect them, or if that was a new thing last year ish?

Could be an overarching explanation for the seatbelts though. Internal reviews showed that guests wanted / needed to be felt more secure on those rides, so they've made car checking more obvious, and now added a tertiary restraint to Helix to drive it home?