Liseberg

EC!

I'm really liking the look of the new afterburner. If the styling of Mechanica and Aerospin is anything to go, it will be excellently themed for a flat.

not sure about the dive coaster as that ride type feels a little overdone lately with things like Baron and Valravan, but could still be something special. I'm guessing this is going on the newly purchased land beside the Fairy Tale ride?

5 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

Disappointed with another dive coaster. An invert would have been a far better investment

Another?! There are only 4 others in Europe. Inverts are more common in comparison.

And anyway this thing is obviously meant to be more of a filler seeming that I don't think they'd want it to overshadow Helix anyway. But I'm excited, these things are big crowd pleaser and big crowd pullers, plus its the first of its kind in Scandinavia so, I think its a wise move. 

Inverts VS Dive coasters in Europe

Dive Coasters: 

Oblivion

Krake

Oblivion The Black Hole

Baron 1898

The one opening at Liseberg 

Inverts:

Nemesis

Katun

Batman La Fuga 

Nemesis Inferno

Black Mamba

Monster

Oziris

So there are seven inverts verses four (soon to be five) dive machines. Could be a lot worse in all honesty. On the positive this ride does something different to the other coasters, considering Balder is wood, Lisebergbanen is Helixes and Helix has everything except a vertical drop.

I think a dive coaster really suits this park. It'll be the only coaster with a big drop and it's height will look impressive. Plus they reallllly get the crowds in. They are so marketable and if this is the smaller variant (which I think it is), it will probably have a really unique layout. 

To me, this coaster suits the park to a tee.

34 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Merlin, take note. Liseberg have even less competition and are still investing in new coasters. 

Saw, Th13teen, Swarm, Smiler, SW8, Krake, Flug, Raptor, Oblivion...  Ghost Train represents a significant investment also.  Bit of a non point. 

The rumours of an invert sounded very exciting, so this feels a tad underwhelming given that is what I was expecting.  Only a tad though asLiseberg has a solid natural location to incorporate a dive machine. 

17 minutes ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Fixed. I meant in the UK. Five rides, only three of which are big coasters, in what 6 years? Funny how people complain about no coasters... until I do.

I think you actually mean at that crappy park called Chessington... 3 at Towers, 2 at Thorpe (along with 1 major dark ride investment) is more than acceptable for investment.

1 minute ago, Ryan said:

I think you actually mean at that crappy park called Chessington... 3 at Towers, 2 at Thorpe (along with 1 major dark ride investment) is more than acceptable for investment.

Nope, I've heard plenty of people say they dont invest in many coasters because theres no competition, unless I'm getting confused with "good enough" coasters, which I am 210% sure I am not.

4 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Fixed. I meant in the UK. Five rides, only three of which are big coasters, in what 6 years? Funny how people complain about no coasters... until I do.

I still see your point as a non-point.  Before Helix, Liseberg's last major coaster investment was Kanonen in 2005.  So between 2005 and 2018, they'll have added 3 major coasters.  In that same period, Thorpe will have added 3 major coasters (and a large scale dark ride), and Towers wI'll have added 4 major coasters (Th13teen is a major family coaster).  So they're all on equal terms really.  Only Chessington is behind.

Also keep in mind Liseberg gets millions more visitors than Merlin parks, and there is still competition for them.  

----

On a different note, is Kanonen being removed this year or sometime next year?  I've seen conflicting accounts and not sure what to believe, and too lazy to find out. 

23 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

Merlin, take note. Liseberg have even less competition and are still investing in new coasters. 

Thanks for taking a thread about a Swedish theme park and making it all about Merlin.

This dive machine is a perfect fit for Lisberg although I find it rather amusing that Northern Europe now has three dive machines in a relatively small area, in fact you could include Oblivion in Northern Europe if you felt so obliged.

9 hours ago, Coaster Jamie said:

Though in fairness, Helix (in terms of an investment, can't comment on the ride experience as I haven't been on it) is far superior to any Merlin roller coaster.  I'd much rather wait a few more years and get something outstanding, rather than smaller/lower quality rides installed more regularly.

I'm not sure I completely agree here. Helix is a great ride but (hiding from the pitch-forks and rotten veg), as a ride experience I think the Smiler is superior; although I will concede thats a minority opinion. In fact, I'd go and say that Thirteen and The Swarm are top quality rides as well with enjoyment levels just as high as Helix.

15 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

You don't realise how spoilt that sounds do you? 

I messaged Liseberg on Facebook... They open 22nd April for the 2017 season.

I'm sort of hoping the new ride Loke would be open then but not getting my hopes up anyway even though I will be visiting like the weekend after season start.... I have to go back in 2018 for the dive coaster anyway, and going in 2017 means I get to ride kanonen before it's removed ?