Phobias

EC!

• 1 year later...

I have two unusual phobias which haunt me through life:

1. Globophobia - This is a fear of balloons or more specifically balloon bursts. General sudden loud sounds like gunshots or explosions terrify me (in reality), which explains why I haven't gone to a rock concert since Green Day in 2009 (explosive pyrotechnics). Anyway, back to the phobia, if I see a balloon that is being handled by a person or is moving in an unstable position I will slightly freak out, if it is handled by a toddler you may notice me increase my walking speed. This also makes me nervous about parties (especially when it's a friends of ours' son's 3rd birthday), lukily balloons seem to gradually be going out of fashion which is good. The worst part is when people scratch the balloon, that itself causes me to panic to a point where I will cover my ears and shout for them to stop.

Yeah, being a globophobic is difficult.

2. Electrophobia - This doesn't haunt me nearly as much, but it is a concern with me. This is the fear of electric shocks, which actually started when I played New Super Mario Bros followed by playing Super Mario Galaxy at a younger age, I remember missing out levels due to watching Mario getting shocked scaring me. Seeing people getting shocked scares me, whether it's a video or in reality (having a van de graaff in physics wasnt the most settling, I didn't use it, but still...). This doesn't mean I'm afraid of using electrical appliances but it does mean I'll avoid any risks of electric shocks and I'll stay the heck away from any fences.

5 hours ago, MilesK said:

I used to be scared of clowns but I'm not so much anymore.

I can tell. Do you know how? ;)

Anyway, I suffer from Pediophobia, which isn't what you think it is. It's the fear of dolls and mannequins. It's probably spawned from this doll my sister has, its meant to be like a 2 year old and is the size of one, its got actual hair and an unintentionally terrifying face and is often left lying in places for me to discover walking from one room to another. If I'm home alone I sometimes have to throw it outside because it's creepy stare with those dead eyes makes me feel as if it's going to come alive and attack me.