Summer Nights

MarkC

Empty parks always tend to lack something when compared to a reasonable crowd (a packed park can have an awful atmosphere, it's a tricky one to get right)...

Empty days at parks can sometimes feel quite hollow as an experience... Chessie at Halloween a few years back was testament to this...

anyone who's been this year, are they still doing it as wristbands, and what time are you allowed to collect them from, as I'm going this friday and it says rough copy are performing at like 6.30 for summer nights guests, so presuming they must have the collection thing open before 7? although it says on their website collect tickets from 7pm!?

anyone who's been this year, are they still doing it as wristbands, and what time are you allowed to collect them from, as I'm going this friday and it says rough copy are performing at like 6.30 for summer nights guests, so presuming they must have the collection thing open before 7? although it says on their website collect tickets from 7pm!?

Yeah you still need a wristband, have collected them from the AP office and Advance tickets in the early afternoon!

that's good then, as I will be at the park in the day, and don't fancy queueing in the run up to 7 opening.

I wonder how it will work though when the park is open til 7 and the summer nights starts at 7... as I shall be going again on 1st august, they best let us get our wristbands in the day again still so we don't have to come back out by 7 to go back in again!

visiting tomorrow, and spending the day in the park too as 3 hours would be a waste... although dreading how busy it is going to be, considering thorpe has warned on their website about high numbers of school trips, plus it's supposed to be 30c tomorrow like the hottest day of the year, so I think it's time to redeem my £5 fast track voucher from the merlin pass perk pack and get myself a hydration fast track for all the water rides! and have a pretty chilled day enjoying the flat rides, and then bring on the evening, shame now it's only open til 10 it probably won't get dark though.

Summer Nights was so good today!

The park was virtually dead meaning that we didn't have to wait longer than one train, usually walking straight on the coasters.

RIDECOUNT:
Stealth x6

Nemesis Inferno x6

The Swarm x5

Saw x4

Colossus x2

X x2

Tidal Wave x2

Storm Surge x1

TOTAL:  28

For three hours in the park I consider that a very impressive ride count!

Summer Nights was so good today!

The park was virtually dead meaning that we didn't have to wait longer than one train, usually walking straight on the coasters.

RIDECOUNT:

Stealth x6

Nemesis Inferno x6

The Swarm x5

Saw x4

Colossus x2

X x2

Tidal Wave x2

Storm Surge x1

TOTAL:  28

For three hours in the park I consider that a very impressive ride count!

If you hadn't done storm turd you could have got on at least 5 more ;)

Guys, I'm attending summer nights with my family tomorrow and have booked the tickets online from our hotel. We were just wondering where to collect them from and when it was possible to collect these tickets as we will be spending the rest of the day on park as well.

Those ridecounts looked too good to miss ;)

Flying fish (5 laps) x1

Stealth (back row) x3

Swarm (front row) x2

Nemesis inferno (back row) x2 (front row) x1

X (back row) x4 or 5 can't remember just kept going back through the disabled entrance.

Saw (front row) x1

Colossus (front row) x1

Dodgems x1

Barely any queues (just a bit annoying for front row on one train)

I quite liked that it was 7-10 because the park closes at 6 so didn't leave too long, although was worried how much time we'd get in the dark but was considerably dark by 9 to be fair so was good... And boiling! Didn't like how no one seemed to check the bands as people could still have been in the park like having food knowing it's on... Plus I also seen tickets advertised as a fiver in park for people wanting to go, which is surely unfair on people who booked at 15 in advanced!?

Probably could have done a lot more but had a nice chilled evening and stopped for food in burger king :)

I too visted yesterday evening, after doing the 1st one last Friday which was a blast. Thought I try another one, god it was dead. :lol:

After arriving about 6:30, picking up wristband at Annual Pass hut, started from Saw (Open dead on 7) and then did-Colossus (did't open dead on 7) then X - Swarm - Stealth then ended the night on Inferno in that order.

Park was virtually deserted, most of the time when arriving into the ride station didnt have to move seats much at on Swarm & Inferno.

By the time I got to Inferno it was getting dark and flying. While riding got welcome to fantastic electrical lighting storm in the distance, about 5miles away (near these red towers) everytime going up the lift "FLASH" was mental :blink:

Ride Count
Saw 1
Colossus 3
Swarm 10
Stealth 4
Inferno 27
Total: 51

For 3hrs on park, think thats the best I done for awhile. B)