Summer Nights

MarkC

I think it's a typo, on the eventbrite site it says 'enjoy three hours', if the park closes at 10pm, then that makes the event starting at from 7.

It maybe that you can enter at 4, but quiet how they tell the difference between everyday Joe bloggs and an evening guest if they take the eventbrite ticket off you at the gate, is beyond me....

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know the rules for buying tickets on the day? I won't be getting my annual pass till I go on holiday next weekend and am off to Thorpe on the 17th with no chance in between of getting on a computer/prebooking. Last year I bought my wristbands from the fastrack kiosk on the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The pass previwe ticket page for the 10th doesn't ask for a pass number, but all the other summer nights events do.

In your position, I'd be tempted to put in the correct number of characters for an annual pass (18) of xx's only then wing it on the night if the person scanning your ticket notices, and then if you happen to have internet access before the night, go back in and edit the details, or failing that, order another ticket with a legit number and cancel the original.

I just checked our summer nights tickets and the pass number is printed on the back of the fold (assuming most people fold their tickets in half), I can only relay what happened last time I went to a ticket'd event at thorpe, and the guy at the gate had no interest in checking the personal details printed in the same area, he just scanned the barcode on the front, scanned my annual pass and waved me through.

I guess all this depends on what type of annual pass you've got though (I forgot they're only free to Premium/VIP).

So I see that a number of sheds have been erected on the small side of Amity beach (no topic for it ). What do people think they are for, as they currently seem to be being themed to fit in with the beach... Seeing as the beach is open for summer nights/beats does anyone think they have some relevance?

Didn't even ask for my pass numbers, haha all that for nothing! Just one more question where is the concerts going to be? I'm going the same day as little mix but haven't got tickets to the gig (I've seem them a few times before) was just wondering if I'd still be able to hear it around the park or is it in the dome?

Didn't even ask for my pass numbers, haha all that for nothing! Just one more question where is the concerts going to be? I'm going the same day as little mix but haven't got tickets to the gig (I've seem them a few times before) was just wondering if I'd still be able to hear it around the park or is it in the dome?

It's on a purpose built stage by the crust restaurant in lost city, which the area will be closed off for island beats ticket holders only... I'm not sure of how close you can get as a normal summer nights guest, or how well you could hear it.

Based on the small concerts I've been to in the past, you'll have no trouble hearing it in the car park :lol:

Seriously it all depends what system they use and which direction everything faces, a good producer would have the stage facing out over the lake, so sound travels away from the park and makes the additional cost worth it, but that's no practical to do. The photos someone posted indicate the stage faces towards Colossus, so you might get a free concert sitting on the hill if they let you up there.

Based on the small concerts I've been to in the past, you'll have no trouble hearing it in the car park :lol:Seriously it all depends what system they use and which direction everything faces, a good producer would have the stage facing out over the lake, so sound travels away from the park and makes the additional cost worth it, but that's no practical to do. The photos someone posted indicate the stage faces towards Colossus, so you might get a free concert sitting on the hill if they let you up there.

The stage is facing towards the crust food outlet and Colossus... I remember when they were testing for sound with the decibel readers back in the beginning of the season, and the way the actual stage area is now built would suggest that's the case.

I'm going tonight... I'm not looking forward to hearing The Vamps while I'm in the park haha

Went last night Park felt busier then it ever has done before for summer nights However I walked on every ride Except for stealth Where I had to wait for one train. I was too tired that my ride count are rides which were close to the entrance As I couldn't be bothered to walk! XD so here is my ride count Arrived at 8.00pm Got on 

Swarm-3 once backwards

Flying Fish-1 6 laps or something like that lost count Actually

Storm surge-1

Teacups-1

King's pig wild hog dodgems-1

Stealth-4

IMO considering I spent 15 mins of that time eating and I didn't get to my first ride till 810pm I think the ride count isn't too bad 

Wonder how busy tonight will be though for the vamps! 

It's still a great event though guys!!

And rides Open included All coasters Storm surge tidal wave detonator Dodgems and teacups Those were all I can see! and About buses just so everyone knows the last bus to stains goes at 11.15pm I case anyone's wondering!  :)