Summer Nights

MarkC

This sounds a very good idea although I don't why they couldn't just do longer open hours as its more money for a few more hours of rides. Even us pass holders have to pay for it and though its a little cheaper, it should really be free.

Though its a brilliant idea, I don't think it's right paying that much more for the experience and I won't be able to do any of the days anyway due to commitments. Shame they couldn't go back to the later openings they did several years ago.

I have already paid for my Annual pass, so I now have to pay Extra for Fright Nights, Extra for Summer Nights.... any other hidden charges..... *cough* car park *cough*

Great idea, but spoilt by charging. £16 for 3 hours is a bit much. If you plan your day, you can easily get 2X Stealth, 1 X nemesis, 1 X Saw and Colossus all in the first 30 minutes of the day by turning up when the park opens.

I am all for late opening, but at any extra cost to pass holders is a little bit hard to swallow.

I like the idea but I don't want to folk out an extra £16 when I could wait for fright nights and get (sort of) the same "dark" experience and as I have premium, it wouldn'y cost me anything more. Like I said I like the Idea but when its just 3 hours for £16 when Oakwood (if you buy your ticket online) is only £3 extra for the whole day, including dates that open till 10pm, I think I would have to pass.

They wont advertise an event as having no queues and then sell 10,000 tickets will they.

I'm sure it will be limited, and the number will be low enough to ensure there are no queues.

When Smiler opened didn't Towers say they wouldn't sell Fastrack for a reasonable amount of time?

10'000 was probably an over-exaggeration, hell I didn't even notice they used the term 'without queueing', which is completely shooting themselves in the foot if there is any actual queueing...

But let's remember, this is Merlin (and Blackstone, who are probably the bigger villains in charge of the Merlin puppets), if the event is popular enough (and why wouldn't it be to the main public when they've stated that there will be NO queues whatsoever) then they might well have a rather large limit...

I always hoped that they would open in the dark more often, Thorpe is fantastic at night!

But this very typical Merlin approach is not what I had in mind... £16 for Standard Annual Passholders? Are you joking?

I assume Premium Annual Passholders will get in to this for free though under the "no exclusions" feature, as advertised in Merlin's marketing? http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/new-passes/at-a-glance.aspx

I assume Premium Annual Passholders will get in to this for free though under the "no exclusions" feature, as advertised in Merlin's marketing? http://www.merlinannualpass.co.uk/new-passes/at-a-glance.aspx

Of course they won't. What do you take their marketing for, truthful?

Bear in mind they said

"Picture this…the gates close for the day, but we’re not done yet! If THORPE PARK reopened exclusively for late night summer riding on our top six coasters for a strictly limited number of guests at a bargain price…would you come?"

£16 AP and £18/£20 for anyone else is hardly "a bargain price!"

They won't sell fastrack at this event. They'll have a limited amount of tickets on sale, by putting these at a high price they will still sell out the event as people will pay that for 3 hours exclusive ride time for 7 coasters (Some coaster community members pay just a smaller fee for 30-60min ERT on just one ride). It's a shame as I'd love to go, put it's not worth it for me considering I've ridden all these rides countless times anyway and the price is too high for me.

If they do then it'll be a massive finger up to everyone that goes, people will not be happy!

The company that built a low capacity roller coaster, then ensured they got fastrack onto it as quick as possible, compounding the problem of having a late opening roller coaster, increased demand in the park and then sending Fastrack sellers into other rides queue-lines to fleece its guests that don't pay for fastrack of any chance of a decent ride count.

I don't put anything past them.

I guess we will see if its too much from the sales wont we.. :P

That is, if there's any way we can know how many standard tickets were bought compared to annual pass tickets. I had a quick check on their Facebook status regarding this and the feedback has been almost identical to here. Good idea, too expensive.