Cinecittà World

So, the new movie themed park is well under way now! I know it's a little late but here are some photos from May 2013, showing the newer style Colossus taking shape:

Looking Similar:

Cinecitta-World-lavori-21-Maggio-2013-00

New style of drop:

Cinecitta-World-lavori-21-Maggio-2013-01

Moving on to June 2013 now:

Cinecitta-World-lavori-1-Giugno-2013-009

Cinecitta-World-lavori-1-Giugno-2013-011

And for some reason the final inversion is through a tunnel

Cinecitta-World-lavori-1-Giugno-2013-016

I've got to say, the new style of the clone is much more pleasing to look at, the inlines seem much more open with a fraction of the supports and I can only assume that to be down to the tri-railed track making it strong? Or Intamin realised it looked somewhat ugly to have a support every 5 foot!

Photos used from TheParks.it, the rest of th construction galllery can be found here: http://www.theparks.it/cinecitta-world-p1147/avanzamento-lavori-giugno-2013-pt595/

It looks so lush without the messy support structure, flip between tri-track and bi-track, and the new first drop could be pretty intense.

On the bi/tri track note; why is the airtime hill still bi-track if the whole rest of the ride isn't?!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Concepts of the Indoor Intamin Drop Coaster and Mack Supersplash (which is basically a Mack version of those two drop Intamin splash rides) with some fan concepts of the Drop Tower...

http://www.cwfans.it/gallery/photo/1234#p1234

I'll be intrigued by the theme of the Drop Coaster, as that'll make or break it, especially as it's completely indoors...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...