Cinecittà World

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

What's going on at the end of that lift hill? Is the drive for it on the ground and pulled all the way from down there. Odd.

Cable lift hill so the building underneath is the housing...

Can kind of see it on Piraten here:

ji500027c41v300029vj02.jpg

EDIT - A pic has been found (on CF) that might well be the indoor Intamin drop coaster...

1503935_775590355791315_1492964037_n.jpg

Hopefully some theming will be added...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

from the website:

"Il Parco aprirà il 24 luglio alle ore 10:00 vi aspettiamo"

I google translated that and it comes out as:

"The park will open July 24 at 10:00 as you'd expect"

Don't know where the as you'd expect bit came from but the main part is perfect and it will open on 24th of July.

Source: http://www.cinecittaworld.it/

Here is some more info about the park, the park is separated into movie sets and T buildings.

With 10 inversion coaster, Altair in set 7 and and freefall drop coaster, Darkmare - Till the last circle in T2 etc.

If I had of known this was a film/movie set themed park before I'd started reading this, I'd have jumped to conclusions and assume it'd just look tacky and be a bit meh- but that really doesn't seem to be the case at all!

It really does look like they've put a lot of work, effort and thought into the theming; although yes, it does seem a bit barren as Benin put it. But they can't just clog the place up with attractions straight off and, as Altitude mentioned, they will surely add more foliage and greenery over time.

But this park looks really good and promising. Providing they don't rush things and/or blow all of their budget within the first five years. I don't often pay much attention to international parks but I think I'm going to keep an eye on this one :D