The TPM Quiz 2.0

Sidders

9) Which of Thorpe Park’s coasters features an Immelman loop? (1)

A fair range of answers came in on this one, which I thought was quite straightforward. Who got caught out? The correct answer was SAW - The Ride! It's the loop directly after the main drop. :)

*holds up hand* I think my sub-conscious tries as hard as possible to forget Saw's existence...

Thorpe Park’s newest rollercoaster was built on an island away from the mainland, called Island C during infilling and planning stages for coaster construction. What was the name of Saw’s island during infilling and construction? (3)

Thorpe's MTDP outlined the infilling of seven artificial landmasses in the various lakes surrounding the mainland. Although the majority of SAW - The Ride's layout is built on the mainland, it is Island H that is home to the station, the queue, the main drop, and the second inversion, as well as other things.

Sorry to nitpick here, but it's Island F - bit of a typo there. :P

Awkward. :blush:

Well, need to play the honesty card then. My answer to Question 23 was Island F, yet I seem to have gotten 54/58 (assuming 58 is still the maximum mark?), and I know for certain I got 0 marks on Q10 (I was £500 million out), so I'd assume that's where I lost my 4 marks.

Looks like you might have given me 3 marks too many Sidders! :S

I want to do revision again, as it proved to be helpful, therefore, what sort of questions would come up?

I love your enthusiasm CG! The Picture Round is slight different to the past two rounds in that it isn't simply a lot of wordy questions. Sure, there are potentially more questions than in any other round thus far (there will be 25-30), but there are three different rounds inside this Picture Round, which was commended by many of my guinea pigs as their favourite and most fun round.

The first round, consisting of ten questions, will comprise this one question: "What ride is this?", accompanied with a different photo link each time. Players will click the link and take a guess at which coaster they are looking at. The photo will show a part of the coaster. The ride could be from the UK, but it may also be an international coaster. Each of these questions is worth 2 points. Make sure you know your track designs, colours and elements!

The second round is identical to the first, but you will only be given the layout of the ride. This may be an elevation or a bird's eye view. There will be 5-10 pictures in this round. Each question will be worth 3-5 points. If you see a layout to a clone, then any ride with the layout featured in the picture will be accepted.

The third round will be a combination of the first one and the previous quiz round we've done so far (Thorpe and Records). In this round, there are ten questions that will focus on an aspect of a picture. Use the picture to answer the question. These will be more challenging than the last two mini-rounds

This is one of the better of the four rounds, admittedly, and certainly one of the most fun! Make sure you're in Chat at 8pm on Friday 26th of July!

:)

Just to put this out there...

25th is the Stealth photoshoot meet, so anyone attending that is unlikely to be home in time for the quiz (or too tired to take part). Of course they can PM you but just letting you know chat may be quite empty :)

Thanks for this Sarah! Right, in light on this little nugget of info I completely missed, we shall be hosting the quiz one day later on Friday 26th of July at 8pm in Chat. I could move it a day earlier but I still want those who have not yet received my PM and sent any answers back to have the full week to submit them.

I would also ask MarkC not to add up any of the scores as they are only raw marks. The UMS marks are a little different so adding the raw marks is not a proper reflection of how the scores stand. I will release the midway scores once the Picture Round is finished.

I'm writing up the Picture Round now! Oooooh exciting!

Peaj has jumped me? Outraged.

STEWARDS ENQUIRY!

I objected his mark as I was convinced Saw was on island H. I got a response saying it was on Island F and naturally with my love for Saw I was outraged and demanded he got his facts right about the best coaster on the park! ;)

However with my love for Saw coming through it meant JoshC lost some marks. Sorry Dude :P

This Picture Round is coming on very slow! The questions are a lot harder to write in the third mini round. But when I do come up with something it's such a good feeling! Here's a little taster of what you might expect to see! All these photos will have questions based on them!

ctmjs85t000hc4ugvimo6i_zps36c6d914.jpg

4pe01nmjq3uar0c5b0kpk0_zpse290f502.jpg

522913_10150612290736682_1698936185_n_zp

Oooooh intriguing! What could I possibly be asking about these seemingly normal images? :P

This Picture Round is coming on very slow! The questions are a lot harder to write in the third mini round. But when I do come up with something it's such a good feeling! Here's a little taster of what you might expect to see! All these photos will have questions based on them!

ctmjs85t000hc4ugvimo6i_zps36c6d914.jpg

4pe01nmjq3uar0c5b0kpk0_zpse290f502.jpg

522913_10150612290736682_1698936185_n_zp

Oooooh intriguing! What could I possibly be asking about these seemingly normal images? :P

What you are looking for is "American B&M"s that are actually half decent"