Merlin Membership

StevenVig

Well It's a good option for some, not so good for others, if it works out slightly cheaper for you then hey why not :P, its just for some people prefer to pay out right then do it monthly as they may not have the money to do the next month, but like I said if it suits you then there should be no problems at all :P Me personally, I'm just going to stick with the annual thing works out better for me.

For me, I think Merlin membership is a way to con people. Okay, you pay a certain amount a month and can terminate the package after 12 months. But however it's actually more than the passes to subscribe to every year and yet you cannot use it less than 12 months.

Though it may be good for some, I'm sticking to my traditional method of buying a pass year in year out.

Seeing that money going from your account through closed season with crap all to use your card on is going to be painful, but it certainly feels good value during open season when you see what you can do for your £15.99 each month. I don't like loans or spread payments, I prefer to just pay stuff straight up, but that is just my preference and if this works for you then that's good.

I think it would market much better if they increased the open season monthly cost to £21.99 and gave you the closed season for 'free', I know it doesn't make any difference but it would feel better.

It really depends on your monthly income. For me I'm already paying a monthly phone bill, phone insurance, netflix account and soon rent, so another monthly debit could get a bit risky in this economic climate. But not everyone has the £100odd quid or whatever it is up front and would prefer to pay it in small payments. It's a very good idea of Merlin and if they keep it as an option alongside the original pay upfront method then it'll work well for them, good of them giving people the choice of their payment methods.

The only thing that would suck is the paying through winter season when the parks don't open, ah well might encourage more to visit the London attractions etc throughout Winter if they're paying for it (meaning more secondary spend at the attractions, clever Merlin, very clever :lol: )

Cat insurance for more than £15.99 a month? Jesus! 'The injection' costs a one off £20 you know!

I'm with Pet Plan and was considering cancelling it last year but so glad I didn't as my cat got really ill twice within 8 weeks and the treatment was well over £1000, however I only had to pay £85.

I seriously need to sort out my internet as I am currently on mobile broadband which is a complete rip off grrrr. Also - as Ryan said, it depends on monthly income and, because I don't work at the moment and have to pay gas, electricity, water, tv license, food I am not left with a great deal - hence why I always wear the same clothes :lol:

Still pretty tempting though - need to seriously look into home broadband as I would save a blimming fortune - definitely won't be cancelling my pet insurance though just "incase" - though I suspect the monthly cost will go up next month dammit