Brean Theme Park

Luke_A

I thought there was a Brean topic, but can't seem to find one so thought I'd make one!

The ex-Hastings "Speed Wave" Mondial Top Scan is open at the park until September. Unknown if it will return to Hastings, or go travelling again after it's temporary stay at Brean. The ride is still owned by the Hastings owners but is on loan to Brean.

As the crow flies this is actually the closest park to me, but I don't know if it would be worth my while going there. would it?

I would say yes. Whilst it is expensive, you can guarantee that there will be minimal (or no) queues, the rides are great fun (even though not as big as big parks) and they have two brilliant dark rides.

Astro Storm and Terror Castle are of a much better quality than you would expect from a park that size, plus Astro Storm is actually a really good coaster (formerly Space Invader at Blackpool Pleasure Beach).

Terror Castle is a brilliant ghost train, much scarier than any other I have been on (and reridable due to very good attention to detail).

Plus they have a good amount of flat rides which are great fun. There is enough to pass a day easily, with lots of reriding available!

The staff are also quite cheery and friendly, not unprofessional but not afraid to have a bit of banter with the guests.

So yes, I would recommend it :)

I thought there was a Brean topic, but can't seem to find one so thought I'd make one!

The ex-Hastings "Speed Wave" Mondial Top Scan is open at the park until September. Unknown if it will return to Hastings, or go travelling again after it's temporary stay at Brean. The ride is still owned by the Hastings owners but is on loan to Brean.

Does speed wave come included in the wristband or do you have to pay extra?

• 2 weeks later...

from Theme Park Logic:

News: Brean Leisure Park Launch New Thrill Ride "Speed Wave!"

Following there recent investments in the past 5 years Brean Leisure Park or Fun City as they like to be called have launched there new thrill attraction "Speed Wave"

"Speed Wave" a Mondial top scan similar to rides such as Whirlwind at Lightwater Valley & Samurai at Thorpe Park followers recent investments at the park such as "Astro Storm" the former Blackpool Pleasure Beach coaster "Space Invader"

"Speed Wave!" which used to tour France till a few years back has been purchased off Flamingo Park Hastings where it was there star attraction since 2009...

So here's a massive well done to Brean for there continued investment in such a nice little park.

Here's "Speed Wave" in action at Flamingo Park Hastings

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8sfbKcLFlo

62390_552892138103558_1924056181_n.jpg

Do you know when the ride will be leaving brean? I am going in the first couple of days in September and was wondering if it will have left by then?

• 1 month later...

well the new ride... was closed with maintenance people working on the arms/restraints - I was also not happy to see that it incurs a charge (6 tokens which is £3 or £5 for unlimited rides on that, bumper boats and the laser quest thing), as it is a new ride and what attracts people to the park! also the main Xtreme ride was down as well and was testing but never opened! I found out most of the rides have a set time they run for, otherwise they get in trouble for shortening it or making it longer (was told this by a ride staff on hellraiser).

• 2 months later...

well the new ride... was closed with maintenance people working on the arms/restraints - I was also not happy to see that it incurs a charge (6 tokens which is £3 or £5 for unlimited rides on that, bumper boats and the laser quest thing), as it is a new ride and what attracts people to the park! also the main Xtreme ride was down as well and was testing but never opened! I found out most of the rides have a set time they run for, otherwise they get in trouble for shortening it or making it longer (was told this by a ride staff on hellraiser).

So are you saying that wasn't valid with a wristband?

EDIT: Just looked on the website, seems that is the case. Quite disappointed really, I thought they were better than that.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been on Speed wave at Hastings quite a few times as it is only 20mins on the train to get to from mine. It's a great ride and as you can see, the cycle is a lot longer. Shame to see it go :( In replacement for it is currently, or was 007 which is also a really good ride. Link (As I don't know how to embed the video) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghRI_Qq8C_E

• 1 month later...

I'm happy about that... As samurai was far to extreme this year and I couldn't enjoy it with my legs being flung around! Let's hope I visit soon, it's only 40 minutes away :-)

Far too extreme!!?! Your mad the more flingy and intense the better for me!!

• 3 months later...