Stealth Ice Cream Shower Photo Shoot

AJ

Had a great morning! Got on all of the trains they sent round for us on Stealth which I think was either 23 or 24 (Jack was counting so it's his fault if I'm wrong :P ) Great couple of hours after that as well! Sorry I had to leave early but that's the problem with work. Have a great afternoon everyone who is there and a massive thanks to Thorpe for allowing us to participate in the photo shoot. I look forward to seeing all of the photos :D

I've just got back to Portsmouth - alas no free ice cream for us but there was a group photo in the fake snow shower after our many rides on Stealth :)

pluk - worry ye not, despite us being the first rides of the morning, and us being on 20+ trains, not one rollback happened.

Good fun in the Swarm queue that started out as 15 mins and ended up being nearly an hour because of an E-Stop, a V*-Stop and a technical fault.

I'm pretty shattered and I only did Stealth about 10 times and left about 3pm, so you lot still on park will be shattered by hometime!

Another fab opportunity and day out thanks to TPM and Thorpe Park - well done to all concerned!

(Oh, and - I really like the new X. First time on it, impressed with that they've done!)

* "essential cleaning"

Well, what a day that was!

This was my first meet of the year and it was brillitant. It was great to meet so many new people, see a couple of people again, and get to know loads of people. I tried to talk to everyone during the day, so sorry if I didn't really speak to you that much. Sorry I left earlier than I said I would, but my ankle was starting to ache a little and I decided to call it day, what with being on park tomorrow too. Safe to say that when I got home, it felt lovely to take my shoes off and lie on the sofa! Also, sorry to anyone that was caught behind me whilst walking down stairs - I am a bit slow with them still. :S

The Photoshoot was amazing. I wasn't too fussed about getting many rides on Stealth, but ended up doing 20 (or 21, not sure now) rides. Who'd have thought doing rerides could be exhausting though? Can't say I ever thought I'd see the day where people saw going on a coaster as a chore as well! :lol: I'm getting my photos uploaded to Facebook ASAP, and I'll do a little mini TR in the coming days.

Many thanks to Thorpe and TPM for organising this; really was a fantastic opportunity. Also a thanks to the ride staff that were on the ride, as well as to the other members of staff that were about in the morning. And a thanks to Peaj for organising the day so well! :D

Hopefully will cya 'round!

EDIT: All 27 (felt like a lot more? :S) of my photos have been uploaded to my 'Thorpe Park 2013' album on Facebook: linky - https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201687533413158&set=a.10200902298382773.1073741825.1324550230&type=3&theater

I've added a few people from the meet today, but if I've missed you out, feel free to add me. I'll tag the photos and that later. :)

Edited by JoshC.

Just checked and found I am home too so a big thanks to Peaj for organizing and keeping tags on names and "handles", also keeping the scores on the evenings orders. Thanks to TP for inviting us, and special thanks to staff who turned in early to operate the ride.

Interesting day, on my favourite ride, I understood that there was a photoshoot on at the same time but think we had the better draw. Sorry to those that I did not speak to, or failed to return to conversations with, and great to meet people.

Sorry also, that I dropped out of the TP ride tour so quickly as I had to return to Stealth just to make sure it was working okay still, it was, all day.

Promise that in the future I will ignore Stealth and be more sociable, well, I'll try.

Was just saying to Mr. Fish - I'm not sure if photo 5 is me next to planenut at the front - there was one ride near the start where he ended up at the front and I filled the seat next to him :ph34r:

Can't believe they used a pic with an empty train! :lol:

EDIT: Don't think it is me, t-shirt is too yellow :D Is it Fish?

Was just saying to Mr. Fish - I'm not sure if photo 5 is me next to planenut at the front - there was one ride near the start where he ended up at the front and I filled the seat next to him :ph34r:

Can't believe they used a pic with an empty train! :lol:

Just about sums up "professionalism" in that they've used at least two shots of empty trains - perhaps they never noticed that one train was never occupied.

At least it only "snowed" during our session, and not rained.