Universal Studios Japan

Benin

Japan are very safety conscious, I am truely gutted I missed out on this ride last year, but thankfully I got to ride the cute HollyWood Dream! Which in itself packed a punch!

Universal Japan, was outrageously busy when I went, on an offpeak weekday, there was a 3 hour waiting time just to get into WWOHP and then a further 4 hour wait to get on the Forbidden Journey!  

• 8 months later...

This land will be huge. It has to live up to the standards of the Potter areas and in the states compete against Star Wars Land. Apparently zero screens in the attractions. And the concept is so realistic to the games. That's what they're recreating, and they will immerse you in that. This has been in the works for a long time now.

I know this is what Nintendo games are like but the detail simply won't compare to the wizarding world. This whole investment will be like building a theme park area, just themed to colourful Lego bricks. As much as it would look good, it is rather basic and would get boring

Also with the puns, it may be game over for me without detail :)

17 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

I know this is what Nintendo games are like but the detail simply won't compare to the wizarding world. This whole investment will be like building a theme park area, just themed to colourful Lego bricks. As much as it would look good, it is rather basic and would get boring

Wizarding World of Harry Potter with added shed.

\225833_10150582486750427_2642042_n.jpg?o

And don't go telling me its different at the other castle either, you won't be able to 1-Up me that way

20 minutes ago, ThemeParkCrafter said:

I'll bet you a fiver that this land will look far from boring. It'll be immersive and highly detailed - this is Universal after all! ;)

It's a stretch because that's not even true... Nintendo games are insanely detailed as Breath of the Wild shows off...

Also, I'm gonna wager that a Mario area will be one part of the puzzle... What about Zelda? Metroid? Donkey Kong? Star Fox? Animal Crossing?

The possibilities are endless to bring together lots of various concepts of different games from single series... Luigi's Mansion interactive dark ride anyone?

I'll be VERY disappointed if there isn't a Bayonetta meet and greet though...

• 3 years later...

Keeps up to the 3 year old concept art seen above but we have a trailer.

Seems as if the band / app will play a central role within the park.

I see it as an upgrade to those interactive quest experiences you can do at Disney.

Assuming the app will have upsells, merch etc this park will just be printing money.