Scarefest

JoshC.

I dunno, I quite like that idea.

Only because ToTT is mega long so would be good value for money, plus it gives those who don't pay for the mazes but still visit every year something completely different to try out.

It all relies on ToTT having to be almost completely different, or having a few substancial changes to make paying worthwhile.

You're right it does rely on ToTT being changed, however if you "Experienced" Carnival of Screams, would you based on that pay for the other two? With the exception of year one COS there is no way I would, or anyone I have been with! Would people at Thorpe Park feel the same if Asylum and The Passing were swapped round...

Problem is with ToTT sharing the building with Sanctuary it all seems a tad awkward to make it any different as there isn't the same amount of space... Although of course how many years have Thorpe had their 'token' mazes? Fortunately for the maze enthusiasts they do at least add some new ones after a few years...

Though of course, with mazes it's hard to tell how they'll be like based on previous incarnations because they are so easy to manipulate to new routes/themes/rooms/etc to create a completely different experience...

We can hope that, considering how good the Ents team are being atm in the park that they might be able to pull some on-park stuff out the hat as well... But I doubt it somehow, seems that only Chessie can do on-park theming very well...

Does show how lacking things are in the imagination department though, surprised after the dislike of Carnival it's come back... Also shows the lack of budget, and I'm still annoyed that they got rid of Duel Live (especially 2009 Duel Live <3)...

Of course, with Scarefest we get my absolute favourite enthusiast rant about floodlights <3

Just thought, maybe Carnival has swapped with ToTT as that maze is pretty good with length and intensity throughout the years whereas carnival has been hit and miss - also gives people a chance to experience a different maze for free so those who don't pay then have something different to try! It'll be new to them!

Making the best out of the worst situation (of having same mazes)

• 2 weeks later...

They are about the sameish. Never been but read reviews. Not sure why the rating is higher for the scarefest mazes though.

The reason many people prefer the Scarefest mazes is because Alton put a lot of effort into theming and immersion with their mazes, rather than at Thorpe were its just a load of drama students in a tent (Although it seems like things will be different at FN this year :D)

The reason many people prefer the Scarefest mazes is because Alton put a lot of effort into theming and immersion with their mazes, rather than at Thorpe were its just a load of drama students in a tent (Although it seems like things will be different at FN this year :D)

I will definately try them out(looking forward to the sanctuary :D) and will compare them to THIS years FN mazes as I am going to both events! Can't wait :D

• 3 weeks later...

The Scarefest section of the site has been updated... http://www.altontowers.com/scarefest/

Have to say, I love the pages about the individual mazes; really nice touch. New this year (I think?) is that you can book tickets for the paid mazes online, and there's also a Freedom Ticket - which allows unlimited access to the mazes for a day - as well as the Freedom Pass.

Also, there's 'Extreme Maze Tickets' available for all 3 scare mazes, whereas last year I think they were only available for Sanctuary?

Same line-up as last year, odds are that Sanctuary will be pretty much the same (and was paid for last year, only reason it came back so early was due to the Smiler delays) and by the looks of things TotT and Carnival will be changing storylines...

And then all the kids stuff is gonna be in Fountain Square because no one goes to the Farm...